Duster 1/4 panels on a 67-69 Valiant?

-

Revhendo

Master ACME Tech
Reaction score
OK, so this is mostly hypothetical.
I was just letting my addled brain wander and was thinking of the cars I thought were just mean cool when I was a kid. (Let's go with late 60s). One car was a stock height 65 Nova in my neighborhood. Flat black, Grump lump hood scoop, SS Cragars (bicycle front, and had to be 10's on the back), and yeah, radiused rear quarters. Think gasser without the 4x4 ride height. This is probably where I got my unreasonable affection for 29x12.50x15 tires on Cragar SS's.

So, having dispensed with the intro, I have been brain playing with radiusing the 1/4s on my poor Valiant. (just a brain exercise for now). I thought about the SS Dart look, but it is a bit rough, and I'm not thrilled by the shape. I looked at the H.A.M.B. forum and there is a bunch of really cool cars and work in there. It's a fun place to just hang and read. THEN, I got trapped in the wheel and tire combo thread here. I started looking at the Dusters and Demons and liked a lot of the combos there. Knowing that Dusters were born from the Valiant, the body lines at the rear are similar, if not the same. I'm not entirely sure on that one. I was just thinking it would be a cool way to create a radiused rear quarter that looked factory.

Any thoughts? Any photoshop experts wanna take a crack at it? Anyone done it?

I might add, if you don't like radiused rear quarters, I get it, it's not to everyone's taste, but please, don't reply to this thread. I don't care and don't want to hear it.

There was a Dart I saw years ago, someone had taken front fender arches & grafted them into the rear quarters for more rear tire room. It looked sweet, super-wide fatties out back.

I did not have a camera with me at the time. :-(

There was a Dart I saw years ago, someone had taken front fender arches & grafted them into the rear quarters for more rear tire room. It looked sweet, super-wide fatties out back.

I did not have a camera with me at the time. :-(

Yeah, kinda wish I had taken pictures when I was a pup, but cameras were a planned event back then, not like today where everyone carries one.

Awe, c'mon, somebody got an idea? Any Photoshop pros?

There was a guy on here autocrossed that Did the front and rear of his valiant, the user was Tom wheels I believe.

There was a guy on here autocrossed that Did the front and rear of his valiant, the user was Tom wheels I believe.

Thanks, I'll look into it. I think Autoxcuda may know the guy. Maybe. (Old drain bamage.)

OK, so I gotta bump this up. Any photo shop experts wanna take a crack at it?

Can't help you with the photoshop but it just dawned on me that if you do the Duster quarters you could maybe make a wider "shelf" on the top of the quarter similar to a 68-70 charger

Can't help you with the photoshop but it just dawned on me that if you do the Duster quarters you could maybe make a wider "shelf" on the top of the quarter similar to a 68-70 charger

That would be an interesting idea for a wide body Valiant. I think I remember something about that over on ProTouringMopar. (On a Dart, I could be wrong, though).

I'm mainly just interested in the wheel opening. I was over on the HAMB forum and there was some talk of using Volvo front fender openings and it got me to thinking. Apparently a dangerous thing.

My Saturday and last bump. Just looking for some ideas.

-
Back