Duster belt line trim?

-

dicksmidlac

Reaction score
I picked up some Duster belt line trim for my Dart Sport a while back and need to find out the spacing,the amount of holes and the hole size I need to drill for the clips that retain it.Id like to get it fitted and then removed before final body and paint.Thanks

A8B94528-1A6C-47A5-8CAB-9400153075EF.jpeg

E1C9FF26-8662-4222-BFF8-14A9C4C98E80.jpeg

I have them I saved. I put masking tape on the trim with the measurements of the holes marked. I have the Grandsons here for Easter . If you are patient I can get those measurements. I am not opening that door while they are here. I have all my Diecasts ,Models and Tonkas in there. The oldest is 7 and there are 4 of them. If they see that room it will be a disaster. They leave for home Monday

loaded Demon orange d 001.jpg

Loaded Demon orange f 001.jpg

Loaded Demon orange g 001.jpg

loaded orange demon c 001.jpg

I have them I saved. I put masking tape on the trim with the measurements of the holes marked. I have the Grandsons here for Easter . If you are patient I can get those measurements. I am not opening that door while they are here. I have all my Diecasts ,Models and Tonkas in there. The oldest is 7 and there are 4 of them. If they see that room it will be a disaster. They leave for home Monday

View attachment 1715907942

View attachment 1715907943

View attachment 1715907944

View attachment 1715907945
She's Cool, Man!

She's Cool, Man!
Car was originally orange. Look close BB rear. It had slicks on it. A street racer with a bad reputation with law. Painted green to hide. Bought it from owners wife he Died. I kept every option then sold the remains to a member on this site from Canada. 2 Tags. The body was a mess Hit hard in rear at one time and repaired very bad. The car came with every option but AC . I am putting it all in my Demon and the AC from this Duster. It was a 4 spd car. as was the Duster.

DSCN0153[1].jpg

DSCN0156[1].jpg

Thanks Oldmanmopar.Whenever you get a chance that would be great.I have most of the clips I think, one or two are broken.Any idea if the clips are still available?Perhaps used in another application?Thanks again

56D1C21B-C536-47BC-86D3-3165A7E4733C.jpeg

9BC0BC92-5DB5-4285-BF61-ABFF50EF66AB.jpeg

CDAC1E30-DADC-4250-A388-ABE3B66F84BE.jpeg

I don't have measurements, but I have these pictures saved a reference. They show the number of holes for the clips and the general spacing.

I would also imagine that there would be some factory variation as well, since these holes would have been added somewhere on the line. I'm sure a general guideline existed, but I seriously doubt every car that got them would have the exact same spacing.

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_7225.JPG

What size do you think the hole would be?

Just measure the clips you have. The hole needs to be slightly bigger than the distance the clip wires are apart at the base but smaller than the clip wires at the widest part.

I have all the measurements and the holes were all 7/32. I will put them all in my next post so hang tight

Drivers side door
All holes were 1/4 from inside door edge
The numbers are measured from rear to front with the hole from the door edge center first
Front left door I measured from rear of door to the front
(1/4"- 40 1/2" < 1/4" - 36 3/16 < 1/4"- 27 1/4" < 1/4"- 20 1/4" < 1/4"- 14"< 1/4"-7 5/8"< 1/4"-2" ) from rear of door
<____________________________________________________________________________________________<

Left quarter I measured from front of quarter back Notice the last 2 holes on the rear of the quarter are farther from the inside edge
>from front of quarter (1/4"-1 1/8"> 1/4"-2 11/16"> 7/16"-11 3/16"> 9/16- 17 13/16")
>______________________________________________________>

These have been here for years all the holes were marked and measured with tape on body and placed on the trim. Remember the first number mostly 1/4 is the measurement from the door and quarter edge, The last 2 on the quarter get farther away. Remember the holes are drilled 7/32

loaded Demon orange d 001.jpg

Loaded Demon orange f 001.jpg

Loaded Demon orange g 001.jpg

loaded orange demon c 001.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can get the clips that hold it on?I have all of them but 2 are broken and a couple more are bent.Thanks

Car was originally orange. Look close BB rear. It had slicks on it. A street racer with a bad reputation with law. Painted green to hide. Bought it from owners wife he Died. I kept every option then sold the remains to a member on this site from Canada. 2 Tags. The body was a mess Hit hard in rear at one time and repaired very bad. The car came with every option but AC . I am putting it all in my Demon and the AC from this Duster. It was a 4 spd car. as was the Duster.

View attachment 1715907947

View attachment 1715907948
Cool It's an A/C car. No pun intended.
Like the stock looking engine bay with the A/C still on it.

-
Back