Duster bodywork

-

DERICKS

Reaction score
Just got the wifes Duster back from the bodyman and boy am I happy with the results so I had to share them. The car needed the quaters and rockers worked on along with the bottoms of both fenders. The roof also had two large dents in it where I fell on the car (long story). Anyhow he patched it up and repainted what needed to be painted all for 600 bucks with materials included! Thanks for listening!

12-5-07 029.jpg

12-5-07 025.jpg

12-5-07 024.jpg

You have GOT to be kidding, for $600 :shock: You can't get anything done for $600, nice deal, nice work, nice car.

Very nice for the price!

Thanks guys! I was very happy with the price especially since I wouldnt let him put on new quarters and he had to fab his own patch panels. There is a slight seam that can barely be seen below the stock body line but I dont care the car looks 10 times better than it did. The body guy is the brother of a good friend of mine and he does work like this on the side, no total restos just fixem up stuff.

Geez last paint job I did was over 600 in materials alone, and I did it myself, you got one heck of a deal.
Looks real nice too, you need to give that guy some more money, man I would feel guilty.

Geez last paint job I did was over 600 in materials alone, and I did it myself, you got one heck of a deal.
Looks real nice too, you need to give that guy some more money, man I would feel guilty.

Well he didnt paint the whole car and thats why the cost was down for the job. He painted a lot of the car and blended it very well so well I cant tell and thats good! Dont worry he'll be on my good side forever!

Those are two beautiful cars! I've always loved the look of the 73 model. Back in the day, I had a buddy with a 73 Duster 340 that was painted the factory Silver Frost color with black side stripes. It was a great rig. Not sure what he ever did with it. All I know is, he wasn't too happy when I took him by 1 1/2 car lengths in my Dart Sport! :toothy7:

Nice car, Nice paint job, Nice guy, Your cars sure look great and the bodie man that painted your car did you a great job for 600 bucks.
Give him a big hello from us here at fabo DERICK!!

Yeah, check the Moparts thread on 100K resto's ............$600.00 was a steal and I'm cheap and do everything myself!

That looks awesome.

ROB

Thanks guys! The weather is starting to break a bit and I'm hoping for a little rain to wash down the salt so I can drive it this weekend. Tom is a great guy and loves working on all types of cars but has owned a few Mopars in the past. He considers himself a Hobbyist that enjoys working on the old cars and makes a few bucks in the process. He takes pride in what he does but considers his days of full restos over with. I talked to him about touching up some stuff on my red car and he's already got two more cars coming in to have work done on them...one at a time.

-
Back