Duster Bumper cut ?

-

1994rm250

Reaction score
hey i am looking to get rid of my front bumper fill pieace inbetween the grill and the bumper with the rudder on it that runs around the side of the bumper (((ugh eewww yuckk )) on my 76 duster any one have pictures or ideas on tis i have seen people cut the mounts and make them shorter , has any one have done this befor at all , befor i do this ? :munky2:

If it has the shock type bumper mounts then you can bring it in more flush. Your car should have them if it is a 76.

If you look under the car at your B mounts and they are big round cylinder. You have the shock type mount. First drill a hole into the shock so the fluid in side can drane out. Then you should be able to push the bumper in where you want it. After that weld the holes you drilled back up to lock the bumper back in place.

I have seen this done before and I think it looks a lot better that way and you can also toss the junky looking plastic bumper filler panel. And best of all it does not cost any thing to do. Good luck.

Hey burnt,
do you have a collecton of documents with these canned responces so you can cut and paste? :-D:-D:-D:-D
Andrew

so all i need to do is drill some hole on the side of the tube up from on the bumper tubes were the shock cover is and the fluid will come out and i will be able to push it in , and weld it up ?

so all i need to do is drill some hole on the side of the tube up from on the bumper tubes were the shock cover is and the fluid will come out and i will be able to push it in , and weld it up ?

You got it. Your car should have the shock type bumper mounts. They were Chryslers way of meating the fedraly mandated 5 MPH bumper law. They are filled with fluid so when you hit some thing they give and cushion the impact of a collision a little.

So if you drill the cylinder out and drain the fluid out you can slide the bumper in to were you want it to be closer to the back of the car. Then just weld the holes up to lock it back in place.

hey 1994,
I grew up in Roslyn heights and used to bike to port wash on a reg basis for bike supplies. How are things on the island?
Andrew
OH yes pics of the mod please

yeh things are great here , same old stuff here somethings changed a few stores and wat not same in roslyn but not too diffrent its still the same

-
Back