Duster Challenger -- Do you want to see it?

-
Lol I pretty much edited too late. Side note, as for the duster-challenger it just started out as a joke, see, most bumpers on 60-72 muscle cars bug me and just seems like they could be more smooth/uniform. Check this nova http://www.motorator.com/blog/hot-rods-customs/2008-goodguys-muscle-machine-of-the-year-award

Now look at a normal 70 nova. Notice how so much more cleaner it looks, like it actually belongs and flows better with the body? I want to do that to a duster...... but for some reason the more i sketch and play around with the front grill making it look 2010 challenger esque.... it starts to..... look like it actually would work.

A,
Good job.

Last year I thought about modifying a modern Mopar into a Duster throwback. I thought the Challenger/300C body was too fat and long to give it proper Duster lines so I began to experiment with a 2010 Avenger and photoshop. I used images from the internet and was able to get the rear quarters of a Duster onto the Avenger and have it look decent enough. The Avenger's front clip doesn't need major rework unless you want to try and have the flat nose lines of the 1970 - 1972. The tail panel provides the most fun since it can be reworked to imitate any year Duster that you prefer or you can create a completely new concept. Adding the Duster logo really gives the car some distinction.

Major drawback is the fact that the Avenger is a front-wheel drive car. So it is turbo time to get any performance out of it.

ohh shoot....that reminds me.

I knew all this seemed familiar lol.

last year I was turning members cars into disney pixar "cars" characters ( I did like 100 of them before i started getting burnt out on photoshop lol.

anyhow. I ended up doing a duster and I photoshopped a new challenger grill into it and smoothed the bumper off too....pretty much like you have in mind.

only problem is.....you can't get the full effect because it looks like a cars character lol....just try to ignore the eyes and mouth.

this is the original and the disney version I made

Attachments

• 1 hry 440 duster 005.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 209
  • duster pixared.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 221
That image confuses me immensely hahahaha.....It's like that one time when I noticed my microwave looks like a face sideways........ now i never look at bob the same :S

Kay, im on my second drawing cause the first one has some parts inked. A method I do to keep things solid while erasing the light lines so i can rework x area without worrying about needing to redraw certain parts.... anyways 30 minutes to 3-4 hours ill be done....... lol multi tasking and 90 degrees heat is making me dizzy. No AC in the apartment... ugh

Not much changed, trying to clean em up and give a more realistic perspective of 3D on a 2D sketch...

I had the idea of using a 70's dart bumper/fenders as a starting base, WAY more closer to the shape im going for, but I got a question...... how hard is it to strip off chrome and isn't it toxic if you torch it?

27899210150694866590643.jpg

I don't know what you guys have been drinking but pass the bottle. Would someone draw or photoshop a 73 Chally front clip on a 73 duster and maybe the chally doors. what do you guys think that would look like?

Did, done. I assume by challenger doors you mean the AMX/AMC javelin/Cuda/Challenger door handle..... rather than the whole door itself?

Anyways, here, older style rather than newer.
26716910150694993000643.jpg

a couple quick chops...couldn't find pics with comparable angles to start with-blue one ended up with a lower profile on the nose:dontknow:...

Blue one looks best, I'm getttin a better idea of what I want to do, instead of doing that stuff I might just use a 70s dart bumper, play around with the grill and lower valiance, some good stuff might incur from such venue.

1974 Dodge makes a "Dodge Dart Sport" which basically has the *** of a duster and nose of a dart. If they made dodge dart sports in the 1970s you'd get pretty much what I have in mind....The car that never was but will be?

O f me...... I just realized.... Dodge Dart Demon anyone? 1970-197....3? ......huge derp on my part.

Ask,
first of all no offense taken here. People either love the car or they hate the car. To answer your question, this is a purpose driven build. Its being built for the silver state classic and other similar races. Regarding the front bumper, when I had the original "Missile" it got floaty around 115 mph. One of the problems was the front bumper pushes the air under the car at high speeds. Between flipping the bumper and building the front spoiler that problem goes away as well as increasing flow through the radiator and engine compartment.
There has been so much done to this car that is not visible you will have to check out the main thread.
If that peaks your interest search the tech threads for my posts, I think I do a pretty good step by step on most of the mods. Maybe there is something there that will either help you or inspire you.
Andrew

That looks like a track car only. Very NASCAR. for the most part my body mods are done with the exception of the air grabber hood scoop and the blowoff panel in the roof for the ejector seat.
Andrew

That looks like a track car only. Very NASCAR. for the most part my body mods are done with the exception of the air grabber hood scoop and the blowoff panel in the roof for the ejector seat.
Andrew

Andrew....your awesome!

no matter how many times I see your thread or hear the phrase "blowoff panel in the roof for the ejector seat".....I just can't wrap my head around it. very james bond of you lol

Blue one looks best, I'm getttin a better idea of what I want to do, instead of doing that stuff I might just use a 70s dart bumper, play around with the grill and lower valiance, some good stuff might incur from such venue.

1974 Dodge makes a "Dodge Dart Sport" which basically has the *** of a duster and nose of a dart. If they made dodge dart sports in the 1970s you'd get pretty much what I have in mind....The car that never was but will be?

O f me...... I just realized.... Dodge Dart Demon anyone? 1970-197....3? ......huge derp on my part.
i like it

Updateage, after the mopar gods visited me in my sleep -- gave me the most badass paint scheme, a little work, some thinking, a lot of work, a lot of erasing... let me tell you painting with a touch pad on a laptop is not the easiest thing. Anyways... colors are still up for debate but the dark/light scheme is probably what im going to go with and the bumper issues have been fixed. I may or may not do that mod.
26681910150705363940643.jpg

I just seen a commercial for valspar paint.... the paint can had this deep purple/navy with a gold/bronze hue when the light hit it. SO BADASS! I think it's all falling into place *__*

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6-Oagbg6YI"]YouTube - ‪Valspar Paint Commercial - Powerful Reactions‬‏[/ame]

Looked better on HDTV :D but at least you guys got an idea.

*Necros thread* LIVE MY CREATION, LIVE!!!

Now I have a car, although I'm not going to do any insane body mods, I do still want to go with black out hood dark upper, light lower. Turn a duster into a demon clone. The hoz style tail lights look a lot better than vert on actual demons anyway :) I may just go with white and put a 340 callout stripe or maybe no stripe... unique paint jobs are pricy :(

Do you feel adventuresome?

Attachments

• dodge-diamante-concept 1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 96
  • dodge-diamante-concept 2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 117
-
Back