duster cluster

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
i need to remove my speedometer to replace my speed cable

how do i remove my 73 duster cluster thanks

You don't really have to remove your cluster to get out your speedo cable. If you reach up under the dash (right side) you can feel and follow the cable to the back of the cluster. At the end of the speedo cable housing there"s a plastic clip that hooks and holds the housing to the cluster. Press down on this clip and pull back the housing and cable from the cluster. (It's just a little tight) but fairly EZ

07-09-2004_010.jpg

Agreed here, removing the dash is a pain in the A$$. If thats all you plan on doing then you can just reach under and get at it. Otherwise you will have to disconnect everything else and drop the steering column.

mopar_1974 said:
Agreed here, removing the dash is a pain in the A$$. If thats all you plan on doing then you can just reach under and get at it. Otherwise you will have to disconnect everything else and drop the steering column.

Every time I see that Avator....I get fustrated :thumbup:

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I am having some issues finding a speedo cable for my 68 Valiant and the picture posted above is what I need. Could you tell me a part number or a location to order this type? I have sourced one locally and on the internet that say they are for my car but they have a round ferrule on the end instead of the nut. (the speedo connection is right though) So, the one you have pictured above is what I am looking for. Any additional info you could provide would be helpful.

Thanks
Tim

-
Back