Duster Dashes, for a '72

-

clhyer

Reaction score
It's too miserable to be out in the shop working today, so I'm sitting here looking at my instrument cluster and wondering what I might do to "improve" it. :-k I would like to hear (and see pics) of what some of y'all have done. Here are a few "givin's":

1. A Rocky Mountain Dash is out. A beautiful piece, but I am on a budget and can't swing it, as much as I would like to. Damn, I didn't pay that much for the car!:crybaby:
2. I can do new gauges, and I have been looking at RedLine's replacement panel as a starting point.
3. I have also looked at the white face kits. I need to do something with the peeling woodgrain anyhow too.
4. Kinda anal of me, but I like symmetry. If I change out any gauges, I would like them all to match. Autogage carries some 1 1/2" gauges that I thought I could fit into the stock locations, except they don't have a fuel gauge.
5. I would like to change out the amp gauge and oil light for volt and oil gauge. I would also like to add a tach.

:help:Let me hear and see what y'all have done to improve your instrument panel.
Thanks,
C

Bumpity bump. 50 some odd folks have looked, no ideas?
C

I like the replacement dash panels they have. I wish they made them to 70 and 71 Darts. This is a lot cheaper alternative to a Rocky Mountain Dash. If it would fit in mine this is what I would do.

Looks like you would have enough room for a Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Volt and oil gauges.

abodylrg2.jpg

That would be easy enough to make using a piece of aluminum or even plexi glass. Just make a template with cardboard then trace it out and drill the gauge holes with a hole saw.

-
Back