duster /demon glass interchange?

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
i know there is a dfference in early vs. later door glass for the amount of holes on the bottom for attaching to the regulator cant remember exactly what was the count and details on each.

questions is:

i have a driver side door glass and quarter window from a 74 duster .....Will these glass pieces fit a 71 Demon??

I want to say that you're good to go (that you can go newer to older) but that's just off the top of my head based off something I might have read a while back.

In other words, I may be completely wrong lol.

i thin door glass is a no go butt the qt. glass is tha same.

i wonder if its possible to change the regulator to go with the corresponding glass......i have the whole door from the 74 and no energy to go hunt down a 71 glass.

AMD has side glass listed for Dusters/Demons. 1970-72 6-hole; 1973-74 5-hole; 1974-76 7-hole. Here's the link: https://www.autometaldirect.com/

AMD shows 1974 as having two types of side glass, the 5-hole and the 7-hole.

That is what Hollander Interchange shows also. It also shows the quarter glass to be different but I would have to pull the actual manual to get exact interchange.

Window crank is at a different place on the door. I know the rear glass has a different lock assembly and some of the frame work is different.

The door glass regulator, guides ,tracks, stops and provisions in the structure of the door for these components are not the same for those two years. It would be much easier to get a 70-72 glass. BTW are you looking for clear or factory tinted. I have at least one good used clear drivers side here from a 70-72 Duster/Demon already out if you can't find one closer PM me if interested

well..... thats not what i wanted to hear but i thank everyone for the replies.

i think this coming payday it will be top of the agenda to get the correct glass i need secured.

thanks again FABO your great.

-
Back