DUSTER door emblem

-

DUSTPAN340

Reaction score
As some may know..I'm redoing the DUSTPAN340 a tad....what I have now is two different plastic door emblems with Duster on them...one has Duster in white and no trim color around the emblem..the other has gray or silver around DUSTER and the two lines around the leading edge (boarder) of emblem...can anyone tell me the true way the door emblem should look...and if you have pictures...

thanks

wayne

here are mine-the driver one is actually a '71 I put on because it was in better shape than the original:
1971emblem.jpg

and the original '72:
72emblem.jpg

they're both all-black except the silver (at least I'd call it silver) inside the 'Duster' lettering- the '71 is actually 1/16th of an inch shorter (1 1/4 vs. 1 5/16 for the newer one) as the '72 one has a wider section outside the outermost raised line...

edit- and, yes, I still have some paintwork to do in the interior of my car :D

Thanks for your pics...this is what mine look like now from my 1970...will do mine like yours...maybe the previous owner painted the trim and outline around duster him self...thanks again..
wayne

Attachments

• 2011-10-21_16-58-13_818.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 115
that looks like it could be correct, too- mine could all be worn off- I can't say for sure (although they're from different cars...)

You never know...just wish I knew what color to put on mine...or should I take paint off and be all black like yours...thanks....

wayne

Heres my dads 1974 ;)

Attachments

• dads duster 010 (Copy).JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 128
  • dads duster 012 (Copy).JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 138
Thanks for your pics...this is what mine look like now from my 1970...will do mine like yours...maybe the previous owner painted the trim and outline around duster him self...thanks again..
wayne

just wanted to mention- I was looking at the resto thread started by 'orangetwist' and it looks like his are just like that, with the white/silver around the outside...

-
Back