Duster ez wiring harness and msd issues

-

Meangreen440

Reaction score
Im finishing wiring my duster and i ran into a problem with the ignition portion from the msd box. I currently have the ez wiring mini 20 harness. I am running a full msd setup with distrubutor, coil and 6al box.

My issue is i can crank the engine over but it will not run. If i jump the smaller red wire from the 6al box to a 12v source like the positive from the alternator it will run. I have to brake the jumper connection to turn off the car.

I need to tie the red wire from the msd 6al box to a switched on 12v source correct? Would this be the orange ignition acc switch? Is anyone familiar with ez wiring harnesses and msd setups any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This is probably an easy fix, im just new to the electrical side of the house.

Im finishing wiring my duster and i ran into a problem with the ignition portion from the msd box. I currently have the ez wiring mini 20 harness. I am running a full msd setup with distrubutor, coil and 6al box.

My issue is i can crank the engine over but it will not run. If i jump the smaller red wire from the 6al box to a 12v source like the positive from the alternator it will run. I have to brake the jumper connection to turn off the car.

I need to tie the red wire from the msd 6al box to a switched on 12v source correct? Would this be the orange ignition acc switch? Is anyone familiar with ez wiring harnesses and msd setups any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This is probably an easy fix, im just new to the electrical side of the house.

call E Z push ext. 10 , Sean the tech. is one super smart dude when it come s to wiring!

bob::coffee2:

Thanks for the response, I called him and that was the problem. The orange ignition acc hot wire needed to be jumpered to the pink coil ss wire. I'm ready to rock! only a few things left.

-
Back