duster front cip interchange with?

-

steve o

Reaction score
Hello,I'm new to the forums ,but read a lot here,lots and lots of good info! Anyway I have a 1973 duster,what parts are needed to use the 70-72 hood,fenders,or whats differant,I know the bumper,grille,and hood are.I would like to use the 70-72 pieces ,if its not a bigger hassle than its worth. Thankyou,for any input.:read2:

The bumper might be the hard part depending on whether or not your front bumper on your 73 is the shock style. Other than that the only difference is the hood and grill and the 70 and 71 fenders have flush mounted marker lights. I would just leave your 73 fenders on and change hood grill bumper and bumper filler panel.

Thanks for the info,how do I tell if I have the shock bumper?

The 73s are kind of an interim phase as far as bumpers are concerned. The 73 did not use a shock absorber in the front bumper. They are mounted as earlier models, but have a reinforcing strip behind the bumper, between the brackets, as well as the large blocks of rubber.

After looking at pictures of 72 and 73 Duster front ends, it appears that you'll need to do a complete front clip swap. The only thing I can't tell is whether the front fenders are any longer on the 73 vs. the 72. People have told me there is no difference in the length of the fenders. I can't confirm.

Assuming the existing fenders work, you'll need the hood, grille, valence panel, hood support and latch, bumper and brackets, and possibly the turn signal socket pigtails. While the connection of the pigtail to the light harness ought to be the same, the bulb socket may be different in the way it attaches to the grille.

I have no idea what all of this would run in your area.

-
Back