Duster park lamp sockets

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
So the park park lamp sockets on my '71 Duster are kinda shot. Does anyone reproduce these? These are the ones with the bullet connectors on the harness and screw into the back of the light housing.

Or does a regular parts store replacement fit? No problem splicing into the existing harness.

Thanks!

Loose fitting is no good.

I wonder if you can replace the socket but not the whole housing to retain the mount.

had the same problem with by 73 duster, when replacing all the bulbs I found that if I used newer bulbs there not as long and don't fit tight , my car has only has 50000 miles and the sockets are like new ,so I found some older bulbs in our local mopar salvage yard and they fit tight (old but still working)

Yes - the newer bulbs are too short and don't press in tightly enough. I wonder if the solution is to find a new but different part number bulb that is longer.

I don't know about replacing the housing because I was converting from a 70 grille so I didn't have the original Sharktooth sockets to compare against.

Anyone know if there is a difference in the pigtails between the standard and sharktooth grilles? I have a standard Duster/Valiant grille. I found a pair of pigtails online but the connector looks different - it's 3 spade terminals in a gray connector while mine have the two wire bullet terminals with the ground strap spade coming off the back of the socket. I could probably make them work but I'd like to be sure before I grab 'em.

Anyone know if there is a difference in the pigtails between the standard and sharktooth grilles? I have a standard Duster/Valiant grille. I found a pair of pigtails online but the connector looks different - it's 3 spade terminals in a gray connector while mine have the two wire bullet terminals with the ground strap spade coming off the back of the socket. I could probably make them work but I'd like to be sure before I grab 'em.

most likely the same, I don't think ma mopar would spend money on two different sockets and wiring harnesses.

-
Back