-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimK

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I recently picked up a 71 Duster. The car is in need of some parts and I am also looking for a few things I'd like to change or add. I'll probably discover other parts the car will need as I go along but here is my list for now. If you have any of the parts, please PM me with the details.

Parts Needed:
Painted factory gas cap
A nice pair of taillight lenses
A nice set of wheel lip moldings
A nice pair of black sun visors
Both sides taillight inner covers
Glove box door knob
Gas tank filler neck

Parts Wanted:
Stock length 8 3/4 rear end with shock plates and u-bolts (near Detroit to avoid having to ship)
727 to 8 3/4 driveshaft
A nice shark tooth grill
22" radiator 3443975
Gull wing
A steering column power steering shaft with coupler (has manual steering but I would like to convert it to power steering).
Hi-note horn

Other:
1971 Plymouth service manuals
Owner's manual package

Last edited:
1971 Plymouth service manuals are available for download at MyMopar.com, here are the links

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1971_Plymouth_Chassis_Service_Manual.zip
http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1971_Plymouth_Body_Service_Manual.zip

I also have a filler tube and painted cap from a '74 Duster. No rust, pretty clean. The correct '71 caps are hard to come by, they were a 1 year only deal and not even the whole model year got them, there were some differences based on emissions equipment. The filler tubes are probably easier to find, because a lot of folks swap out the '71 filler tubes for other years that are easier (and cheaper!!!) to find caps for. The '74 tube will fit, the only thing that might be different is the pattern for the retaining screws from the body to the filler neck, not sure about that. It would be easy enough to address but it's worth mentioning because you might have to make changes.
$35+ shipping for the pair, shoot me a PM if you're interested

IMG_4199.JPG

IMG_4200.JPG

And here's a reference for the gas caps by model year. Don't believe the parts books/sellers when they say a cap is good for a certain year range, especially with regard to the '71 caps. Gotta check the pattern. Since you need the filler neck too just make sure the neck and the cap match, the necks are obviously different by year as well to match the caps.
Abody Gas Caps 67-70,70 Cal and 71,72-74,75-76.jpg

got the grill 850 taillights 100 tube sun visors40 power steering step up all the stuff 300.​

I have purchased some of the parts I am in need of but still need the rest.

Parts Needed:

Gas tank filler neck
Painted factory gas cap
A nice chip & crack-free pair of taillight lenses
A nice set of wheel lip moldings FOUND
A nice pair of black sun visors FOUND
Both sides taillight inner covers FOUND
Glove box door knob FOUND

Parts Wanted:
Stock length 8 3/4 rear end with shock plates and u-bolts (near Detroit to avoid having to ship)
727 to 8 3/4 driveshaft
A nice shark tooth grill FOUND
22" radiator 3443975
Gull wing
A steering column power steering shaft with coupler (has manual steering but I would like to convert it to power steering).
Hi-note Spartan horn

Other:
1971 Plymouth service manuals FOUND
Owner's manual package

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back