Duster qtr. panel question

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
I just got the trunk floor ext. all welded in and got the new lower qtr. skin tacked along the top.
My question: Is the bottom of the qtr. behind the wheel straight inline with the lower qtr. in front of the wheel.
I hope i explained that clear enough!

Anyhow the bottom of my qtr. looks like it may be in to far and i can't reference it from the right side because that side had been patched at one time and there's alot of plastic on it.
Thanks in advance. :D

Evil, I'm going from memory as the Duster isn't here, but I believe they are positioned inward from the front fender alignment.

it took me a couple of times reading that, but i think to answer your question, no---it isnt in line. its off a bit and goes in a bit. i had not too bad qtrs on the wifes duster, but i put lower patches on them because of all the scrapes and dents it had on the original. but i looked at the side of the car i did and the side i still havent touched yet andthe seem to be in the same amount--more than the front half. one thing i noticed though, the trunk extensions had to be pulled out to meet the qtr panel. dont push the qtr in to meet the extension. hope that helps

--chad

-
Back