Duster quarter window "hinge"

-

Jarlaxle

Reaction score
I need the Mylar "hinge" assembly that Duster quarter windows open and close on, mine are fairly shot. (And by "fairly," I mean "completely.") I have found exactly one source: DMT, available only as part of a complete quarter window kit, which I do not need. Does anyone sell these separately? I emailed DMT, got nothing helpful in response.

I searched, but if there's anything on that here, I didn't find it.

Check the vent window frame to front side glass kits

IIRC the plastic strip is the same.

MOPAR A BODY 67-72 H.T. DOOR GLASS VENT DIVISION BAR CHANNEL GUIDE JM 32230/2 PAIR of Doors – Just Mopar

Screenshot_20231118-112301.png

No, that's not what I need. I
That is exactly what you need... some material, same H pins and if you can find an old cheap reproduction set of mylar they'll work fine. They don't work well in the vent glass channel, but they work fine on flip out windows. If you don't need the rubber seal then just buy the pair for the door glass and cut them to length... This is my Bee, but your Duster uses the same thing...
beerestoration2019 2384.JPG

beerestoration2019 2295.JPG

Ah! It would be nice if ANYONE selling them actually noted that on their websites!

What do you mean by an "old cheap reproduction set of Mylar"? @dadsbee

What do you mean by an "old cheap reproduction set of Mylar"?
There was some crappy reproductions in the past, that weren't moulded with the curve in them. Took a lot of work to get them to work in the door glass vent frame, but they work just fine on the flip out hinge and what is shown in my top picture above. Post a WTB for an older set, as many gave up on them and purchased the better ones for their doors. Probably many that have a set stuffed on the back shelf they'll never use.

There was some crappy reproductions in the past, that weren't moulded with the curve in them. Took a lot of work to get them to work in the door glass vent frame, but they work just fine on the flip out hinge and what is shown in my top picture above. Post a WTB for an older set, as many gave up on them and purchased the better ones for their doors. Probably many that have a set stuffed on the back shelf they'll never use.
OK. I'm even more confused now. If I buy the Just Mopar or Steele Rubber replacements linked above, do I or do I not need the old Mylar kits?

OK. I'm even more confused now. If I buy the Just Mopar or Steele Rubber replacements linked above, do I or do I not need the old Mylar kits?
Should be no confusion. Just trying to save you money by picking up an old set from someone that they're not using. You can buy the new ones from DMT, or Megaparts or Just Mopar.. etc. and they'll work just fine. I buy from Jamie at Megaparts, as DMT won't deal with us Canucks anymore...

Should be no confusion. Just trying to save you money by picking up an old set from someone that they're not using. You can buy the new ones from DMT, or Megaparts or Just Mopar.. etc. and they'll work just fine. I buy from Jamie at Megaparts, as DMT won't deal with us Canucks anymore...
After the response I got from DMT, I'll scrap the car before giving them a cent.

I have time, since the Duster goes into winter storage tomorrow. :(

No, that's not what I need
Ok but it's the same piece. Just not with the rubber seal and adhesive tape.

1. Foam tape
  2. Mylar
  3. Rubber gasket
Screenshot_20231118-150345.png

Close up if the profile

1. Mylar
  2. Foam tape.
Screenshot_20231118-150641.png

Profile of the vent frame to glass seal kit

Screenshot_20231118-112301.png

Good luck!

It would be AWESOME if the sellers would actually, like, MENTION this somewhere!

It would be AWESOME if the sellers would actually, like, MENTION this somewhere
It's kind of like off label medications, it can be done but no one wants to advertise for fear of lawsuits

You mean list it properly like Nigel does at National Moparts...
https://nationalmoparts.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/67_76_A__66_70_B_50c8e2265c1e0.jpg

new reproduction glass channel weatherstripping. U-shaped channel that fits front edge of door glass and also fits front edge of pop-out quarter glass on 2-door sedans. Front door glass channel. Includes mounting retainers. Sold in a pair.This reproduction flocked weatherstrip/slide is retained on the front of the door glass and the rear of the rear door glass with 2 pins inserted through 2 small holes in the glass and slides up and down with the glass inside of the vent window guide rail. It was also used on vehicles with the rear coupe swing out type glass windows and retains the glass inside of the B-Post frame to allow it to pivot. This is a thin plastic strip with a soft felt surface and comes complete with (4) slides/retainers and (4) pins. Fits the following Vehicles:-67-72 A-Body 2 Dr. Hardtop including Barracuda Fastback & Coupe Front.67-69 A-Body Convertible Front.70-76 A-Body Fastback (Duster, Demon, Dart Sport) Rear.73-76 A Body 4 Door Sedan Front Door.66-67 B-Body 2 Dr. Hardtop & Convertible Front.68-70 B-Body 2 Dr. Hardtop & Convertible Front.68-70 B-Body 2 Dr. Coupe Front & Rear.66-71 C-Body 2 & 4 Dr Hardtop & Sedan, including Station Wagon Front.66-70 C-Body Convertible Front.76-80 Volare & Aspen 4 Door Sedan & Wagon Rear Door Glass.77-81 LeBaron & Diplomat 4 Door Sedan & Wagon Rear Door Glass.79-81 Caravelle 4 Door Sedan & Wagon Rear Door Glass.These are made longer then what you may need for your Application just like the Original Factory Replacements were, when you bought them from the Chrysler Parts Dealer, so may need to cut them to your required length. Sold in Pairs Only. Replaces OEM Part #’s 2588800, 2588801, 2664914, 2664915 and 2932230.

Last edited:
-
Back