Duster quarter window seal

-

Jarlaxle

Reaction score
20220821_161518.jpg
20220821_151846.jpg

So...yeah. The glass isn't touching the top gasket. That's bad. What do I need to do to fix that?!

I think you need more photos and a better explanation of the issue

It's too dark to get useable pics now, but short version: the left quarter glass isn't sealing on the top of the gasket. There is a noticeable GAP at the top front. The pics are of the top of the B-pillar area-they were the only useable ones I got before phone battery gave out.

What year duster? Is it the pop out glass? And get a photo from a little further back to show the whole assembly

I could be wrong but I think I would pull the seal out and rotate it forward so the slot in the rubber goes around the stainless that has that hole. If there is a hole in the rubber, it should line up with the hole in the stainless and they probably had a plastic pin that held it there. 3M weatherstrip adhesive behind it should hold it in place. Look the part up and see if there is a pin. If so, you can probably find something to replace it. I'll be honest, I have never replaced that particular seal but I have seen similar on other cars.

I could be wrong but I think I would pull the seal out and rotate it forward so the slot in the rubber goes around the stainless that has that hole
What he said, then adjust the up stop.

The top of the metal looks odd. Like it got bent? I haven't worked on a duster so I don't know. Could also be optical illusions /delusions

Screenshot_20220822-064149.png

What year duster? Is it the pop out glass? And get a photo from a little further back to show the whole assembly

Yes, pop-out glass. 73 Duster.

I could be wrong but I think I would pull the seal out and rotate it forward so the slot in the rubber goes around the stainless that has that hole. If there is a hole in the rubber, it should line up with the hole in the stainless and they probably had a plastic pin that held it there. 3M weatherstrip adhesive behind it should hold it in place. Look the part up and see if there is a pin. If so, you can probably find something to replace it. I'll be honest, I have never replaced that particular seal but I have seen similar on other cars.

I have no idea what you are telling me.

Yes, pop-out glass. 73 Duster.

I have no idea what you are telling me.
It is obvious that the rubber needs to move towards the stainless part. Your finger should not be in that gap, the rubber needs to move to the left in that picture. It looks like there is a hole in the stainless trim and I can only assume there is a hole in the rubber and there should be a rubber rivet in the rubber and stainless to keep it from moving to the position it is in in the photo. I can't help you if you can't see it in person.

It is obvious that the rubber needs to move towards the stainless part. Your finger should not be in that gap, the rubber needs to move to the left in that picture. It looks like there is a hole in the stainless trim and I can only assume there is a hole in the rubber and there should be a rubber rivet in the rubber and stainless to keep it from moving to the position it is in in the photo. I can't help you if you can't see it in person.
So...basically, I need to replace the window seal?

Is the glass sitting where it needs to. It sure looks like its dropped.

So...basically, I need to replace the window seal?
Let's go back to the beginning...

How did the window get like that?
  1. Did you buy the car that way
  2. Did you remove the quarter glass
  3. Did the glass fit correctly since you got the car
  4. Did you replace any parts, glass, seal, etc.

Let's go back to the beginning...

How did the window get like that?
  1. Did you buy the car that way
  2. Did you remove the quarter glass
  3. Did the glass fit correctly since you got the car
  4. Did you replace any parts, glass, seal, etc.
1. Yes, last weekend.
2, 3, 4. No.

That's why I said no seal is gonna fix that gap. It's obvious as heck that there is a rivet that let loose and something isnt right.
This seal may work.
Is the glass sitting where it needs to. It sure looks like its dropped.

41VD-WtkezL._AC_SY580_.jpg

-
Back