duster radiator support ?

-

dartman 440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
can someone with a duster help me out here, i need to know how many inches it is from the frame straight up to the top of the radiator support , on both sides of the radiator , i will be installing my radiator support and want to make sure i am high enough. thanks in advance ed aka dartman 440:banghead:

My '72 is 14.25 inches on both sides. Top of frame rails to top of core support.
Sorry, didn't see your earlier post.
As an FYI - you should tell us what year your Duster is when asking in case there are differences. For the core support I wouldn't expect any difference.
C

I got 14-1/16" on my '74 Duster and 14" on my '71 Dart.

It should be the same measurement on all 67-76 A-bodies. I'm 100% on the Dart's, Duster's, Demon's, Scamp's, Valiant's, and Dart Sport's. Not absolutely positive about the Barracuda's, but it should be the same. Keep in mind that everything but the Barracuda's can swap the all the front end bodywork, that's how Duster's became Demon's and Dart's became Scamp's etc...

I'd guess that it's supposed to be 14", and there's probably small variations based on assembly line tolerances and how people measure (tape measure, ruler, square, straight edge etc.)

Best way would be to mock everything up and check gaps, there are slight variations. use the measurements as reference. Make sure it is square to the rest. Cross measure also.

-
Back