Duster scoop emblems

-

72dustervs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got some emblems for the scoops but they don't use a speed nut , they have the plastic inserts , I can probably figure it out but does anyone know the drill bit size off top there head ?

Resized_20230726_163354.jpeg

Those emblems were never offered on Dusters to my knowledge, only Dodges. That doesn't mean they wouldn't look really great! If there are no holes, getting this one right is really difficult. The emblem is parallel to the top of the scoop not the hood. how far back it goes is critical because there are studs on the inside that you must avoid. Last set I installed a few months ago, I used nylon nuts with threads in them and they snugged up really nice. I will try to get you some measurement tomorrow. On one of my Darts they are in those plastic inserts and I'll see if I can get one to come out - unless somebody has a scoop off the car that they can measure???

The 318 emblems in these pictures are designed to fit just like the 340 emblems and are in original holes.

DSC04906.JPG

DSC04909.JPG

2020-05-04 20.39.53.jpg

Those were Fender mount emblems from a 72-73 Demon, Dart Sport. Same emblem as the scoop emblems just use the speed nuts as used on the scoops. The plastic bushings used on the fenders won't work as well on the scoops . The pinch to hold them will not be as strong and they will fall out.

Remember the speed nuts used are installed with the open end out . opposite of most speed nuts they are different. I have them if you need pictures but I am sure pictures are on the web. The reason the are installed with the opened end out is due to the thickness of the fiberglass scoop the studs don't protrude from the back enough to use the other nuts. Most sale adds picture them with the wrong nuts that are used on the repo's for use on metal.

May put them on the fenders under duster emblems and get the others for the scoops
They are the same emblems for either scoops or fenders the only difference is the fasteners. The nuts will fit either emblem. In the past we would use nuts on the 72 - 73 fender emblems when replacing them onto a fender after a collision.

They are the same emblems for either scoops or fenders the only difference is the fasteners. The nuts will fit either emblem. In the past we would use nuts on the 72 - 73 fender emblems when replacing them onto a fender after a collision.
Unsure about the reproductions , which are good to use on the scoops ?

1690502630815.png

1690502840069.png

-
Back