Duster special question

-

SixFourDart

Reaction score
How many 1970 Duster Specials were 340 automatic cars? We have a factory 340 auto Special and have not seen another one...Just curious. It has the Special emblem on the front fenders.

How many 1970 Duster Specials were 340 automatic cars? We have a factory 340 auto Special and have not seen another one...Just curious. It has the Special emblem on the front fenders.

Does it say "special" on the emblem ?? I've never heard of such an animal, but my curiosity is peaked!!

i was wondering the same thing what is a duster special what makes it different from a regular duster

Wondering if someone swapped out the VALIANT badge on the front fender with a SPECIAL badge from a Dart Swinger Special? I always thought the "special" tag was a Dodge thing.

You can never say never with Ma Mopar though!

Is it where the Valiant (rear) or "V-eight" emblem goes at the front of the fender?

It is our race car and in the pic you can see it. It is at the rear of the fender.

Both my 1970 340 dusters just have a valiant emblem there. Did your car have the upscale interior? With the wood grain inserts on the door panels? Maybe it has something to do with that? Neither of my cars had the woodgrain inserts

No woodgrain, Did have rallye gauges and full vinyl top. It is a factory 340 car but no real "special' options that I can tell off....

All 1970 340 dusters came with a rallye dash and rallye wheels (and other stuff) so that wouldn't warrant the "special" tags either.

-
Back