Duster Trunk/Taillight Panel VIN Stamp?

-

OzarksDuster

Reaction score
Quick question for y’all. I have found something a bit odd on my 71 340 Duster. Ive always known that A-bodies are suppose to have a body stamp of the last 8 characters of the VIN (with the year and plant characters inverted) on the radiator support and package tray. However, on mine, I have found a body stamp with the last 8 characters of my VIN on top of the taillight panel, in the trunk, on the driver’s side. Below is a picture of its location. Has anyone else ever seen this?? I’ve been told by some other scarce A-body owners in the community that their car also had this. Any feedback or photos would be appreciated, thanks!!

920B1146-5AA6-42FD-8562-D84B420F188E.jpeg

yes or near there older had on lft side of trunk. have even had cked by cops. its ok as long as numbers match. last part.

Quick question for y’all. I have found something a bit odd on my 71 340 Duster. Ive always known that A-bodies are suppose to have a body stamp of the last 8 characters of the VIN (with the year and plant characters inverted) on the radiator support and package tray. However, on mine, I have found a body stamp with the last 8 characters of my VIN on top of the taillight panel, in the trunk, on the driver’s side. Below is a picture of its location. Has anyone else ever seen this?? I’ve been told by some other scarce A-body owners in the community that their car also had this. Any feedback or photos would be appreciated, thanks!!
yes or near there older had on lft side of trunk. have even had cked by cops. its ok as long as numbers match. last part.

Hello All
Thanks for the info on Vin ID.
Question,
My 73 duster has the correct Vin on the Dash, and radiator support.
Where would you find the location on the package tray?
I will look at the top of the taillight panel (if at some point it has not been replaced) to see if that has the same number.
Are there any other locations to look for on my 73 duster ?
Happy Mopar :)
Arron

My 73 duster has the correct Vin on the Dash, and radiator support.
Where would you find the location on the package tray?

Look near the drivers side speaker opening on the rear deck/package tray.

Look near the drivers side speaker opening on the rear deck/package tray.

Hello 6pk2goDemon.
Would it have been stamped from the top or the bottom?
I am guessing that anyway I should be able to see it from inside the trunk looking up?
Thanks in advance.
Arron

Hello 6pk2goDemon.
Would it have been stamped from the top or the bottom?
I am guessing that anyway I should be able to see it from inside the trunk looking up?
Thanks in advance.
Arron

Mine is stamped from the top & visible thru the rear window with the package tray removed. I would imagine you could see it from inside the trunk. I've never looked though :)

Mine is stamped from the top & visible thru the rear window with the package tray removed. I would imagine you could see it from inside the trunk. I've never looked though :)

Thanks 6pk2goDemon.
I will look from underneath seeing i really don't want to start removing more stuff (Have a lot removed for winter upgrades).
Arron

Anyone else seen or have any experience with this? I’d love to find some other valid examples like my car.

-
Back