Duster Windshield trim clip Question.

-

titan

Reaction score
Hweey Guys. I had to replace the clips on my "74 Duster front Windshield that hold the trim on. the layout of them is 8 on top. 9 on bottom. and 3 on each side. a total of 23. my kit came with 18 REGULAR clips and 5 DIFFERENT style.(basically these 5 have oblong holes so they can be moved up or down)does anyone know where these 5 go? Thanks, Tom.

I just put one in a 73 swinger. 23 all the same. Should be same windshield.

O.K. for Future reference, I purchased these clips from Dantes. he did the research and called me back. the 5 larger/different clips go on the bottom center 5 holes. I reccomend Dantes for his outstanding customer support and very reasonable prices. Tom.

Just so you know what they look like, here are some in the set we are about to install. There are 18 black ones and 5 of the others with the oblong hole. I suspected they went in the bottom 5 positions, because the window gasket does not lock onto the channel, it just sits in front of it. Depending upon how tightly the gasket fits against the body, I guess there is a possibility that the stainless trim would not lie flush to the cowl. So, maybe you can move the clip's position to adjust the trim for a tighter fit.

Reveal Clips.jpg

I also installed the 5 on the bottom. If you have not taken them out yet you will likely find all the screws to be rusted bad. Take your time and they will come out. It took me 3hrs to get mine out of my 75 Dart Sport. Clean the area real well before installing them. I also had a heck of a time snapping the trim back down without denting it. Aftermarket windshield gaskets don't fit perfect.

-
Back