Duster windshield trim clips

-

dwhip361

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm putting my windshield back in on my 72 Duster. There are 4 trim clips in the picture that are different than the others. Anyone know where they are supposed to go? And why they're different? Thanks, Dave

20190719_113411.jpg

I,m not sure but best i remember the long ones go on the windshield post, 2 on each side and you have to have 3 if you have a vinyl top, if i'm wrong someone will correctly me shortly, they always do...LOL

It is one of those head scratchers. I would go with RF..

Thanks for the replies everyone. There seems to be no consensus. I tried a glass installer also, he wasn't sure either. I'll keep looking. Maybe they're for a different model. Who knows!

I found my sketches from when I purchased replacement sets. This may not be helpful but it identifies locations and Set # 1000089A from RT Specialties.
The note indicates the set was short 2 clips. And the screws were not exact either. So, I hope you kept the original ones.
You may have to use a couple of old clips, too.
Good luck.
20190721_152316.jpg

I found my sketches from when I purchased replacement sets. This may not be helpful but it identifies locations and Set # 1000089A from RT Specialties.
The note indicates the set was short 2 clips. And the screws were not exact either. So, I hope you kept the original ones.
You may have to use a couple of old clips, too.
Good luck.View attachment 1715367290
Thanks, I do have some of the old clips just in case but most were no good.

-
Back