Duster with a A09 package?

-

HAUK67

Reaction score
Seen a duster for sale with a A09 package, headlight concealed package, it is on the fender tag and build sheet?

Anyone ever see this, they never made a duster with hidden headlights?

Never a duster with hide away lights. I'm sure the A09 code was referring to something else, like a build date or something.

Never a duster with hide away lights. I'm sure the A09 code was referring to something else, like a build date or something.
I agree, but it is on both build sheet and fender tag.. Just thought it was strange..Guess it could be a mistake when ordered?

I agree, but it is on both build sheet and fender tag.. Just thought it was strange..Guess it could be a mistake when ordered?
Seeing is believing, got a picture of this fender tag, build sheet or car?

Seeing is believing, got a picture of this fender tag, build sheet or car?

Screenshot_20200426-183417_Messages.jpg

that's the build date, from mymopar.com
VL29:
Plymouth Valiant,Duster
Low
2 Door Sports Hardtop
G1B: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
174627: Sequence number
E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
GY3: Citron Yella Exterior Color
L2X9: Trim - Low, Vinyl Bench Seat, Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
A09: Build Date: October 09

Last edited:
Thank you for doing this for me..I am probably buying it tomorrow.. I have a 71 Demon last 6 of vin..h1b173265..gy3 also..curious the build date compared to the Duster..

Thank you for doing this for me..I am probably buying it tomorrow.. I have a 71 Demon last 6 of vin..h1b173265..gy3 also..curious the build date compared to the Duster..
post a pic of the fender tag or go to mymopar.com, enter your info and it will display it like I showed.

post a pic of the fender tag or go to mymopar.com, enter your info and it will display it like I showed.
Will take picture of it, it has 2 fender tags..Really Appreciate it

That's the scheduled production date. October 09.

What he said.

Actual build days were not recorded back then.

Most online decoders screw that up.

When the order was entered into the system, it was scheduled for a tentative build on A09 - October 9th, 1970 (1971 model year)

Lots of factors could influence scheduled builds though, many cars were not actually built the same month as the SPD.

Last edited:
What he said.

Actual build days were not recorded back then.

Most online decoder screw that up.

When the order was entered into the system, it was scheduled for a tentative build on A09 - October 9th, 1970 (1971 model year)

Lots of factors could influence scheduled builds though, many cars were not actually built the same month as the SPD.
what the op wanted to know was about the concealed headlights because of the A09 on the tag and build sheet. I'm not splitting hairs on the date
A09 71 Only Concealed Headlamp Package

-
Back