duster

-

dougman

Reaction score
Ok has anyone done this i need all the info i can get.I have a 73 duster with a 8 1/4 and i just got a posi unit to put in it.How hard is this to do and do i need special tools to do this job??The guy i got the unit from said i can take my gear off and put on this one.All help and sugestions are needed.Thanks much

.............Not hard if ur mechanically inclined..u should have the shop manual for it ..u need a torque wrench, and all the bolt specs....u need a dial indicator with magnetic base to check ur back lash before and after u do the swap......u need the adjuster tool that slides down the axle tube to loosen/tighted the adjusters. i think a torsion bar will work, but not positive....u will need new gear oil and a friction modifier[additive]..1st thing though is to make sure the sure grip unit will work with ur gears, as i believe 2.45s have there own...i haven't did a 8.25 for awhile but i think the crown gear bolts are left hand thread...kim.......

that i don't know i bought on ebay i was told this is what i needed to make my car posi

I think kt was saying that the Mopar name for "posi" is Sure Grip. Positraction was a GM term.

-
Back