Duster....

-

bayyum

Reaction score
So with the gas prices going up and me wanting a daily driver.. I was thinking. A 4 cylinder turbo duster.. What do you guys think??

Are you talking about one of those little crap boxes from the late 80's- early 90's or actually dropping a 4banger in a Duster (a real one and not one of those little crap boxes) ? Why don't you just find a running and driving slant six duster for 500 bucks, give it a tune up and drive the piss out of it? It will be easier and cheaper to fix than a crap box.

Like a real mans duster. Bot those weird things. I'm putting out a thought.. Maybe fixing a slanty would work.. I dunno

Just find a running slant six car and drive it.

Mine gets better gas mileage than my neighbors new BMW and it is easier to work on.

slanty's have that awesome neck snappin horsepower they will pass a lot of gas.....................stations :cheers:

So with the gas prices going up and me wanting a daily driver.. I was thinking. A 4 cylinder turbo duster.. What do you guys think??

There is a guy on big Block Dart that has a turbo 2.5 in a Valiant, used a Dakota bell housing and is rear wheel drive for something different. I don't know all the info on the build just those few things.

Amen. My dad had a /6 valiant that was better than 80% of the cars being made today. It was a stripped down model but it was stone-axe reliable, went through snow like it was on rails and I swear he 30 mpg from the thing.

Besides, you can still buy a hell of a lot of gas for the price of a turbo-snorked 4-banger.

My two cents -LY

I loved the FWD Mopars. The Dusters/Shadow are basically the same underneath as the Daytonas. The 2.5 Turbo is reliable, easy to modify, and gets good gas mileage. You can find a decent '80s FWD Mopar for <$2000 and drive it home.

-
Back