dyno is done and the numbers are in........

-

swifter

Reaction score
Well after fighting with carbs the last two month's the Duster is finally dialed in and tuned, I'll share one word PRO-MAX -the ONLY place I will EVER buy another carb from period!!!!!! I won't share exact numbers because of a deal I have with the engine builder but what i will tell ya'll that getting over a nickel and them some to the rear tires was NOT to hard!!!!!!! We had a goal for hp and we surpassed it and them some-Now got to get the car to the track for some e.t. numbers--Good Day fellow's--Steve a.k.a Swifter--See ya'll at Monster Mopar !!!!! --Out

Why can't you tell what it made for power? Don't understand why it's a big secret. Why would your builder not want people to know what kind of Power he is able to build?

Why can't you tell what it made for power? Don't understand why it's a big secret. Why would your builder not want people to know what kind of Power he is able to build?

I agree if ya can't give numbers why post?

Glad you got your tune straight Steve. I don't really care about the specific dyno numbers anyway, especially chassis numbers. The're for braggin' rights or lead to dissapointment....lol. Good luck getting it dialed in at the track and if you decide to share those numbers and the weight, i'll figure it out :D.

You probably put it in a different thread, but could you spell out the details of your build? Or copy and paste it from the other thread? Thanks!

Congrats on getting it tuned. Don't understand the secrecy but ah ok. But if you do decide to post the numbers inquiring minds would like to know.

Thanks, Aj

Thanks Old man rick--you understand !!!!!! Numbers are for bragging which I will not do,If someone needs guidance just pm me and will point you in the right direction with a 5.7 build--I'll share this thou--Indy cnc'd heads with larger valves-custom ground cam with torrington bearing used,11-1 compression,bench ported and polished,gasket matched xv intake with damming done to flow exact numbers to each cylinder-Hint in stock form the xv intake starves the inner 4 cylinders,Main and heads studs,6.1 oil pump,running 13 intial timing to 30 degrees all in at 2000 rpm,c.i.d came in at 400. Promax 1050 carb purpose built for application. One happy dude !!!!!!

Hi Steve

When you say
but what i will tell ya'll that getting over a nickel and them some to the rear tires was NOT to hard!!!!!!!

...do you mean 500 RWHP?

Just a language thing......not sure what you mean?

Yep, that's what the man is saying.

@ 5.7 - Thanks :)

**edited** @ Swifter - thats a great result - you may be the first person ever to crack 500RW with a carb inducted Hemi.....

Steve-

Any chance you could give us the cam specs? Or at least an idea? Thanks!

Wade

Hey Rat --Who filled your mind with flow restrictions on carb intakes????? Ever see one close up???? Ever see hemijoejr's set-up and what he runs??? Did you see I have a 1050 carb on mine??? the carb ran out at 6600 rpm-can you say dual carb's in the future,I have another 5.7 set-up that I think I'm going old school with a blower on top for my Valiant,If your going by published info on the intake I suggest you take your intake to a flow bench and have it tested to see what it will support , Not being disrespectful to you but don't rely on miss information from the net or someone who hasn't tested the stuff,The 5.7 is very capable of 1000hp I have half of that now.People are just starting to build these things with real world testing. That's why all of a sudden every engine builder out there is investing in this motor Hell even Ray Barten motors is building them now.----I'm sure I'll get negative responses to this because I have all along because of my carb but hey it's my car and my money--besides there are lots of problems trying to get factory e.f.i. up and running with no faults going on.

Hey Rat --Who filled your mind with flow restrictions on carb intakes?????

**edited** @ Swifter - thats a great result - you may be the first person ever to crack 500RW with a carb inducted Hemi.....

LOL! I edited my post earlier - I realised what I wrote wasn't accurate.

The XVs are supposed to have small plenums - thats where I was headed.

Did you use a spacer?

Ever see hemijoejr's set-up and what he runs???

Certainly have - I like this!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb2xPxAkvs4&feature=player_embedded"]Barracuda with Late Model Carbureted Hemi leaving - YouTube[/ame]

Swifter - a little OT - what trans are you running?

If its a 727..did you end up using the bell housing spacer?

What impresses me the most is you did it with an XV intake! Most of the high hp carb or FI motors that I'm aware of use the drag pak intake. The only XV intake comparison dyno I've seen was by Jerry at Sharadon, and the XV gave up power down low to the 5.7 & 6.1 factory intakes, not unlike the drag pak intake. Jerry added he wished he had pulled it higher than 6000 rpm to see what it could really do. Glad to hear it is more than capable in the right hands!!!

So what are your cam specs? Very interested in this...

Rat-I have the ol 833 4 banger with duel McLeod clutches and hydrolic throw out bearing from tilton.Also I added a aluminum flywheel when I removed the motor-It can be a handful at low rpm but I'll take that for what it does on the higher side of the tach!!!!!!Uhcoog--I would like to bolt on a drag -pack and take her out to the dyno and see what happens--Also Muscle motors is manufacturing a new intake for these motors with the extended runners--Steve

I spoke with the muscle motors guys- sounds like the way to go. More meat on the intake so you can work with it if you need to.

The cross sectional area is pretty big- 2.3x1.9 if I remember right.

I spoke with the muscle motors guys- sounds like the way to go. More meat on the intake so you can work with it if you need to.

The cross sectional area is pretty big- 2.3x1.9 if I remember right.

Potentially longer runners on this new one?

Not getting there, maybe a bad link??

Damn, that is tall! Would the hood need a hole in it??

-
Back