e-Bay issue

-
I had an instance one time where I bought a supercharger setup from a fellow in the lower states. The transaction went very smooth, no problems whatsoever. He got paid by paypal, I received my stuff in a couple of weeks. Three weeks later, he phones me up and asks me "what the hell are you doing?".......I'm mystified as to what he is talking about, so he points me to a sale on ebay, and lo and behold......there is the same exact same advert as his previous one to the last detail, except .......yep...different seller and not either one of us (I don't sell anyway). We both sent emails to ebay repeatedly, telling them that the sale was a ripoff, but they never did anything. We both watched with morbid curiousity as some poor schmoe "got a deal" of $1800.00 for a $3500.00 supercharger. No way of knowing for sure what happened after the auction closed.........but one can certainly imagine that someone got totally hosed.
We both closed our ebay accounts out and re-started new ones, and we both changed passwords and got new email addresses.
I would suggest you do the same.
Daryl

Daryl might have something there. Maybe somebody figured out his info and stole the original persons account without him knowing it. I know a guy that had that happen to him. Somebody got his info and started listing things. Only problem the thief didn't think of was the account owner got the e-mail listing confirmations and immediately contacted E-bay and closed the account so nobody got hosed.

Yep, it happens.
When I first got onto e-Bay, I got a question regarding the Volkswagon bus I had listed, but I was unable to answer any questions because I have never owned a VW bus!

I just left negative feedback, 1st time ever.

I do feel bad about it, his rating went from 100% to 94.1%...but all he had to do was call e-Bay so I would get a paypal payment notice through e-Bay, as his add stated, (I keep saying 'he', but the only name I received was 'T').

I did notice today that another item was relisted and removed, possibly by e-Bay.

He probably got your e mail when you sent the payment but never claimed it to keep the scam going and sent you an e mail about the payment...he's playing the law of averages...he's also avoiding e bay fee's and getting stuff relisted for free because it looks as if it is an uncompleted transaction on your part.just my thoughts.
I never mentioned that I would give negative feedback.
I told him:
this shouldn't be this difficult
I would only send payment through e-Bay so it is guaranteed
I would not send payment through just paypal
I would not send a money order
I told him each of the 4 times I sent payment it did not go through because his e-mail was unregistered
e-Bay informed me to not send a payment to him until he called them to straighten his account out and I received a payment notice from e-Bay
- all multiple times.
Each time in return I got- "Send payment to my new address, if that doesn't work, I will relist them."

I was going to send 1 more e-mail, but e-Bay told me to send the last one and nothing else.

He also never told me how he got my e-mail, I never gave it to him and e-Bay or paypal didn't either.

"Your account is messed up, your e-mail is unregistered, I cannot send payment," and "Just send payment to this other address or a money order," is not a conversation.

I send payment 5 times through paypal, which is the only payment method listed in the auction, and I'm the deadbeat bidder!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968...907Q2em263QQcategoryZ33627QQitemZ150359525890

I'll state it again, when I asked how he got my personal e-mail address he would never answer me, and I never received a payment notice.
e-Bay told him to call them directly and whatever the issue was, they would send me a payment notice and make sure he got his $$- and he refused to call them.
An e-mail from sportx something, nicedreams something was unregistered at e-Bay but that is where my 5 paypal payments were going to for a week, and his request to send payment to brembrother or whatever.

If it wasn't for him getting my e-mail from I don't know where, I would be convinced he is a complete fool for not making this right.

I just hope sportx isn't a FABO member, because I sent payment immediately and I was only trying to protect my money.

I had an instance one time where I bought a supercharger setup from a fellow in the lower states. The transaction went very smooth, no problems whatsoever. He got paid by paypal, I received my stuff in a couple of weeks. Three weeks later, he phones me up and asks me "what the hell are you doing?".......I'm mystified as to what he is talking about, so he points me to a sale on ebay, and lo and behold......there is the same exact same advert as his previous one to the last detail, except .......yep...different seller and not either one of us (I don't sell anyway). We both sent emails to ebay repeatedly, telling them that the sale was a ripoff, but they never did anything. We both watched with morbid curiousity as some poor schmoe "got a deal" of $1800.00 for a $3500.00 supercharger. No way of knowing for sure what happened after the auction closed.........but one can certainly imagine that someone got totally hosed.
We both closed our ebay accounts out and re-started new ones, and we both changed passwords and got new email addresses.
I would suggest you do the same.
Daryl

A buddy of mine had the same thing happen to him after he sold an $11,000.00 motorcycle. Another guy posted the bike again! Same photo in ad!! Same bike sitting beside Dave's house. Dave called Ebay and the ad disappeared almost immediately. Don't know if they caught the guy or not.
I HATE CROOKS!!!!!!!!! Kinda' reminds you of a politician, doesn't it?

-
Back