E Body Door handles on my 73' Duster

-

Michaeluser

Reaction score
I have been kicking around the idea to convert/fab/retro fit 70-74 E body door handles to my 73 duster. I think it would look great and it even seems like Chrysler should have done it anyway.

Has anyone ever done it and does it work?

Thanks

I've seen a drag car in HotRod magazine that had it done. The article said that the car had it installed back in the 70's. I'm also thinking about doing this to my 71 Duster 340. It doesn't look like it would be that tough of a job.

Cool thanks. I searched around for some install ideas but could not find it. I will check out the Hot Rod archives.

I haven't done that peticular swap, but have done many similar swaps in the past. Building streetrods and customs, I have grafted newer style door handles onto old cars. it is not really hard depending on your bodywork skills. If you can cut the section of the door where the handle sits it will be so much easier because the E body handle is set into a groove on the door and bolts to a bracket inside the door, unlike our A bodys that bolts directly to the door skin. And be prepared to make new rods to match the E body handles to the A body latch...take lots of pictures and post the all. Good luck.

-
Back