E85 fuel system setup

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
So I got my new E85 carb built by Mark Sullens. I love this thing, BAD ***! it's the new Holley XP 750, will be exactly what I need when I go turbo. I will post pics, but the question I have is in regards to my fuel system setup. I set up my fuel system per instructions of Quick Fuel and Aeromotive. I have the tank to a 100 micron filter to the fuel pump which is a Quick Fuel 30-230gph then that runs up the the front of the carb into a 40 micron filter then into the Fuel log. The bypass regulator is on the back of the fuel log and set to 7psi and then returns back to the tank.

My issue is that Mark Sullens the carb builder does not like this setup at all. He likes to run a dead head instead of the bypass because he says that higher rpms with this setup and E85 that my fuel pressure may drop.

On his car he runs a line from the tank to the pump, out of the pump he runs a Tee, off that tee he runs a line to the front of the car into a dead head regulator. Off the other part of the tee that comes off of the fuel pump he runs a bypass regulator to his return line set at 7 psi. He suggests running this setup instead of mine.

What do you guys think?

Listen to Mark, I run an 85 micron filter before the pump, no filter after, no paper filters with e85, I have an aeromotive A2000, so I do not run a tee after it, the A2000 has the return on the outlet of the pump so essentially this pump does the same as the tee and regulator Mark is suggesting, I deadhead to a product engineering Y block with two regs on it, one for motor, one for nitrous, motor uses a vacuum sensing regulator, it is set at 9psi at idle, at cruising it will go around 2-3 psi and at wide open throttle it will sit at 12psi, I clean out the carb bowls and filter a couple times a summer because of moisture, it gets a slime in the bowls and filter and plugs up the system. in my opinion fuel logs are junk, I don't like them and a lot of people feel the same way

My Quickfuel 1900 bypass reg has the vacuum barb too, but the holley XPs do not have the vac port like other carbs.

I am trying to figure out why this setup is necessary. I have a diagram in which I can run his suggested setup and only need a couple more fittings, but wanted to see what others thought since quickfuel and aeromotive suggested this way that I have it. So it's not that big of a switch to do anyways, I just wanted to hear others opinions!

Here is my setup and the diagram mark suggests I should do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 177
-
Back