Eagle 1 Gel Wax - Bad Experience

-

clhyer

Reaction score
As stated above...

My usual routine is to wax the whole car, then go back and wipe it off & buff. I tried this new (to me) gel wax a couple nights ago. After it dried on, I couldn't get it off without really, really working. Even my buffer with a cotton cloth wouldn't remove it, it would just ball up. My whole truck felt like a layer of sand was laying on it. I called the company tech line (open until 10 pm eastern!). They advised to wash it off with a strong dish detergent... After doing so it removed most of it, but it still doesn't shine.

In there defense, the label calls for doing a small section at a time - and I quote "No need to let wax dry or haze." I did relay to them that this isn't quite the same as "Do not let dry!"

Anyhow, I am taking this stuff back for a refund.
C

Attachments

• gel-wax-with-carnauba.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 329
http://www.chemicalguys.com/ is what I use at my shop www.gothamauto.com For most cars we use their butter wax which. Dark colors we use Black Lite.

They told you to use dish soap because it strips wax. All wax, which is why it doesnt shine still. Theres no wax at all on the car. It also dries out rubber.

Adam, you ever use the wet mirror shine stuff? The pics make the stuff look like it works amazing.

Several years ago I used "Eagle One" in the red bottle and it stripped the paint off sections of my '66 Barracuda, survivor car at the time....:tongue6: The bottle said "SAFE FOR ALL PAINT FINISHES". I call Eagle and spoke with a tech and he was shocked, then transfered me to another tech who told me to mail the bottle in so they can test the chemical mixture and that they would get back to me about compensation. About 6 Weeks later they finally got back to me stated that the wax tested fine and was only for clear coated cars not an older unrestored base painted car. I flipped, I told them their bottle said safe for all paint finishes! But stupid me did not take the label off the bottle and when I went back to the store to get another one they added on the label "FOR CLEAR COATED PAINT FINISHES ONLY" MOTHER F$#%%RS! Check their labels now, they all say that. I now use Zymol wax and love it!
To me anyway, Eagle is the Black & Decker of auto supplies, just crap!

I've used Meguires for many years even went to their class and when I painted my Barracuda in 1988, they supplied me with everything I needed for free.

These days a liquid called Carnu-B Brazilian Carnauba Formula, I haven't a clue where I got it but this stuff is awesome and made in the U.S.A. looking on the back of the container it says 100% money back guarantee " we personally guarantee this will be the best wax you have ever used or we will buy it back, yet I haven't a clue to where I got it as I said..

Mmmm, I have a spot in the vendors section, I can only fit so many badges under my name if thats what your referring too. Plus starting the site and being Administrator gives me a few privileges I guess. Fill free to PM me if I can answer any questions for you.

And it smells good too ! We used it for a few years for our basic wax jobs. We have now switched to collinite 845. a little goes a long way.

http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html

That collinite 845 is pretty inexpensive according to that site. How's it compare to that butter stuff you were talking about? Do they need a buffing wheel to use well, or can you just use elbow grease and a good buffing cloth?

Ive never tried to apply the collinite by hand. Its very oily though, a little goes a long way. It also has some cleaners in it that the butter wax doesnt have.

I would look in to either a DA polisher or maybe even just an orbital polisher. I think you get a much more even finish that way.

I use eagle 1 and have had great success with it. Granted i only do small sections at a time. If you going to use this wax you need to do light coats with it. If slather it on it is tough to get off. Best if you put some on a microfiber cloth spread it on thin. Also do small sections it really is a wipe on wipe off type wax. Letting it sit is not a good thing as you guys have discovered.

I was just wondering if it would make my minivan look new again. Is this stuff really that good?

this.
Just did my Duster with Gold Class- looks great.

(I found some zymol, which the high-end guys swear by, and did my Stealth with it. A week later the water doesn't even bead when I wash it. Back to the Mag's)

The Gold Class is awesome, I have used it on clear coat and non clear coated paint and it is nice and shiney, beads water nice, goes on and off great too, plus, it smells yummy!!

I was just wondering if it would make my minivan look new again. Is this stuff really that good?

Cant say Ive ever used it on a mini van but Im sure it would work fine. If you have an issue with they way the site is run I suggest you contact someone and take care of it. We dont need to play games here.

-
Back