[WANTED] Early 67 starter motor built before April!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LovetheA's

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a correct 67 starter motor either rebuilt or can need a rebuild. Going into my 67 GTS so want build date to match. Must be before April 19th. What do you have? Located in CT 06810.

Carl

Carl, if the build date or scheduled production date of your car is April 19th 1967. The average build date for a starter is about 120 days prior to the cars build date. So you're looking for one 11/66 to 1/67 as a general rule.

if you're going for a dated type of restoration this is a great source of information.
http://www.mmcdetroit.com/Production_Date_Code/

Carl, if the build date or scheduled production date of your car is April 19th 1967. The average build date for a starter is about 120 days prior to the cars build date. So you're looking for one 11/66 to 1/67 as a general rule.

if you're going for a dated type of restoration this is a great source of information.
http://www.mmcdetroit.com/Production_Date_Code/

Thanks for the great info.
But like it says not cars. BB-Dave has an all original M Code fastback barracuda that has a lot of date coded parts on the car that are right after the build date of the car. He can confirm this.

Dave I understand there are some oddities out there. And why I said "as a general rule."
In BB-Dave's case the "scheduled" production date as stamped on the fender tag and the "actual" production date of the car are likely different and was after the car was scheduled to be assembled.
The dates in the above link are "play it safe" dates that are typical. I have seen vin'ed engines cast, assembled and installed in cars in about two weeks. I've seen engine assembly date and SPD's a couple days apart. I guess that is a matter of reality in supply and demand.

Based on the new info presented to me if looks like the starter should be built closer to Jan or Feb 67 to be correct. I'm still looking.

Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back