Early 70's A'904 Torqueflite downshift

-
The VB you have pictured has the part throttle 2-3 kickdown module. They didn't have anything better. If the Trans-go kit had you grind down the TV valve (the TF-2 kit does but not sure about that kit) it will lower the RPM that it shifts into at WOT. I only grind the valve half the amount they say in the TF-2 kits. You can always back off the TV adjustment but if the valve is too short you can't do anything but pull the VB back out and change the valve. Not sure why they recommend grinding it so far

Hey fishy68, thanks for that info, I am now back driving this Dart after more than 20 years sitting in the garage and I am enjoying it a lot.
I really don't remember if this transgo starter shift kit had instructions to grind the TV tip shorter, I recall doing that when I installed the Superior Shift Kit in my 46RE 318 Dakota but then, it came with a longer TV spring to replace the original.
Good information, I think it really could use a quicker part throttle 2-1 downshift... it is a thirsty 318 anyway, I don't think it would make it much thirstier, perhaps more fun.
I will certanly check into that. Cheers.

-
Back