Early a body column bush/seal question

-

DodgyDan

Reaction score
Hi guys, hopefully another easy question for ya'll.

Rebuilding and removing some shifting parts on my old 3 on tree column. I am in the process of replacing bushings and reassembly.

Question: there's what seems to be a lower shaft bushing/seal that sits inside a cup in the lower of the column.

Mine is very torn up and I would like to replace it. I have included a photo of the part I'm looking for. If anyone can help me locate this or what it's even called, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Inkedsssss_LI.jpg

I went ahead and got one of those ordered.

I have another question now that maybe I should start another post about but it's on the same subject.

Anyone have any experience with this TSB of removing horn ground and replacing with this other bushing?

My column makes the sounds described in the TSB before any sort of rebuilding it was grinding bad, most of the reason I took it apart!

s-l500.jpg

Mopar A B C E TRUCK 62-78 Steering Column Bearing Isolator Insulator 2925491 DMT | eBay

It's just a rubber "housing" the upper steering shaft bearing goes into. Very simple procedure. Nothin to it.

It's just a rubber "housing" the upper steering shaft bearing goes into. Very simple procedure. Nothin to it.

Just went and popped out my bearing, this has already been done to my car but the bearing is seized! :mad:

Got one of those ordered!

Once parts arrive this will be case closed! Thanks for the helps.

Just went and popped out my bearing, this has already been done to my car but the bearing is seized! :mad:

Got one of those ordered!

Once parts arrive this will be case closed! Thanks for the helps.
Sho nuff. It's a light press fit. I've always knocked them off with a small hammer and a punch placed on the inside bearing race.

-
Back