9f04_1_sbl.jpg

7d_1_b.jpg

3ef6_1.jpg

08_1_b.jpg

435f_1.jpg

e3b6_1_sbl.jpg

b4_1_b.jpg

0845_1_b.jpg

Chrysler stopped making the Valiant and Dart wagons in, I believe, 1967 (1966 being the last model year), Brian, because they weren't selling that well. (However, in the following years Toyota and Datsun continued to offer wagons that were roughly the same size as the Valiant and Dart wagons had been.)

I find the styling of the '60-'62 wagons charming, and that of the '63-'66 just OK. But then, I'm prejudiced. A hospital-green '60 Valiant Suburban 100 was my first car. I've got a rebuilt slant six and 904 that I'd like to put in another early A-body, if I can ever find one.

Wish mine I sold, looked and was new8)

222222.jpg

63 rear view resize.jpg

63 dash pic resized.jpg

Attachments

• 63g better3.bmp
    36.1 KB · Views: 232
I would love to have that wagon. Not the card, the real car.
Why didn't Mopar make a late 60s Valiant and Dart wagon.

Actually, they did, in Australia and those wagons was sold only in Australia and New Zealand:
vesafari006_327.jpg

This is mine:
Dscf0036.jpg

And more '66 Dart add:
dart66_0003.jpg

And one car what i allways wanted is '64 Valiant signet 200 hard top, absolutely great looking car!

Those are some beautiful wagons. Not that I was around to remember them, but I wish car adverts had the same taste now as they did back then.

I like that they let you take in the image of the car instead of ramming it down your throat with flashy pictures and annoying slogans.

I really dig the old Chrysler/dodge/plymouth advert slogans.

"Let yourself go...Plymouth"
"You might be Dodge material"

etc.

Kako thats a cool looking wagon, got any other pics to post...would love to see the front end. The old crank down rear window brings back memories from the sixties, no seat belts and kids riding in the back of a wagon with the window down! Not the safest, but good times to say the least!

Woof !! I se why. How have you been my friend from finland.:wave:
Can you translate this for me "Luiskahuuli" please.:dontknow:
Like them wagons and yours is great.:cheers:

Käkö;230136 said:
Actually, they did, in Australia and those wagons was sold only in Australia and New Zealand:
vesafari006_327.jpg

This is mine:
Dscf0036.jpg

And more '66 Dart add:
dart66_0003.jpg

And one car what i allways wanted is '64 Valiant signet 200 hard top, absolutely great looking car!

I have liked the '64 and '65 Valiants ever since my Dad bought a New
1965 Valiant 2dr sedan, 225 3 on the tree.

DSCN0125Medium.JPG

Hey Lee, who owns that blue one in that picture?

Lee

Ron VanDeusen owns it, his name might be spelt wrong.

I suffer from CRS, {can't recall schtuff}
The man who owns the car lives in Mass.
and has won several trophies, beating me a few times,
as his car should.

Tough to beat a Nice convertible thats been restored. :)

http://www.tsmc.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/album/album.pl?photo=Member's%20Rides/Ron%20VanDeusen's%2064%20Valiant.jpg

http://www.walt-n-ingrid.com/images/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6132&cat=596

Ron%20VanDeusen's%2064%20Valiant.jpg

Woof !! I se why. How have you been my friend from finland.:wave:
Can you translate this for me "Luiskahuuli" please.:dontknow:
Like them wagons and yours is great.:cheers:

Luiskahuuli, for correct translation, means ramplip, but it's really a bad nickname for slantsix here in Finland, all those chevy guys are nagging about a slant six that it ain't a engine, and cars which have a slant six ain't cars...

So, i ordered a pintsripe artist to paint my tailgate that "Luiskahuuli" text and chevy owners don't even talk to me no more...
They got no sense of humor...

I've been really busy to built my wife's "new" car, '71 Duster, so i haven't got the time to spent here, sorry about that.

Color is from Audi's, yes, i know, it's german, indigo pearleffect, it look great, it got shade of purple and midlle of the night it look like black and direct sunlight it is purple and blue...
And normal weather it is dark blue metall...

That wagon was orginal dark blue metallic color, just now i can't remember what was it name ...

By the way, i put little sticker from a back which has made by Mackdieseldude, it is great!
IMG_1833-1.jpg

I hope this ain't gone too far for the original topic of postcards, and if it did, tell me so i remove my photos!

-
Back