Early A body front seats

-

Aball

Reaction score
I have a 1963 Dodge Dart 270 wagon and the front bench seat is in really rough shape. Wondering what other years/models of seats will bolt in to the stock holes. I've got a line on a 1973 A body high back bench seat that has been redone but not sure if it would fit? Are there any specs on what is interchangeable? Thanks

I doubt the 67 and up stuff will bolt into the original holes but they may so measure them and compare to your original.63-66 will drop right in

Even 63-65 buckets won’t be a bolt in; only the 2 mounting holes by the tunnel still need to be drilled. The outboard voles are there just covered by plugs. 66.bucket mounting studs are different yet as is anything later. Whatever you use, don’t forget to add the reinforcement plates.

I have always found it easier, and got a better outcome, when I adapted the later seat to the correct year seat tracks. Overall width of the seat does not very by more than an inch (depending on where you measure from) from '60-'76, Approx 52"

I've got a line on a 1973 A body high back bench seat that has been redone but not sure if it would fit? Are there any specs on what is interchangeable? Thanks

I did try an Late A body bench in an early body and it wasn't even close to fitting, even a late A body bucket wouldn't fit either. Now this was probably 20 years ago so my memry could be off a tad.

I took the covers off a Aspen both front and rear and used those to reupholster my original 64 dart bench seats. It worked nearly perfectly.
Just need hog ring pliers to make it easier than the regular pliers I fought with.
A little extra fabric here and there in places.
The front came out very nice.
A little shy on the lower front of back bench.
Nice vinyl- nylon fabric combo covers.
No photos as it was 35 years ago.

-
Back