Early A Body HP 273 exhaust

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that has used the HP 273 exhaust kit for early A Bodies that is made by Accurate LTD? I like the idea of using the stock manifolds and having a 2 1/2" inlet muffler and 2 1/4" tail pipe. The exhaust on my 66 Dart must be from a 273 2bbl. because all the pipes are 2" or less.
I know that good headers and a free flowing dual exhaust system is good for max. performance but I want to keep mine close to stock. Mike

273 1964-66 stock exhaust was 1 7/8".

On my Valiant, the local Midas made me a nice system, :thumblef:
about 10 inches from the manifold its up to 2 1/4".

I am using Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers,
a good installer can make a great system,
and save a lot of hassles.

I rebuilt a warmed up 318, to replace my tired 273.

If you look close you can see the chrome tips in the second picture.

2549ce44.jpg

2549elks_and_Alexis_and_other_042-med.jpg

I got a 83 chrysler 5th Ave. from my neighbor. Sometime this summer I hope to peel the 318 out and do a Magnum head motor. I can use that until I
rebuild the stock HP 273 in my Dart. Your Valiant looks great! Early A's
are hard to beat! Mike

I'm suprised that no one has used this exhaust. I wish I had a chassis dyno handy so I could do a comparison and report back to everyone. I know headers are the way to go, and the new TTI ones are supposed to be great
but I like a little performance using stock parts. Mike

I would like to have an Accurate "original style" exhaust system for my my 66 Barracuda, but I don't know if I want to spend the $750.00 right now.
I have a "muffler shop" set of duals on the car right now, and was considering getting some headers, but I can't find any. TTI doesn't advertise headers for a 66 Barracuda.
I suppose that if I DO find some headers, I'd end up having to spend at least $750.00 to get them paid for, installed, and new pipes, and mufflers......

-
Back