-
Status
Not open for further replies.

txas2step

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have an early A Hurst Comp. Plus shifter I need a reverse shift arm. Everything else is in pretty good shape, but the reverse arm has been repaired. I would rather replace it. Looked at Brewers and online, no luck. Any help appreciated.

I have an early A Hurst Comp. Plus shifter I need a reverse shift arm. Everything else is in pretty good shape, but the reverse arm has been repaired. I would rather replace it. Looked at Brewers and online, no luck. Any help appreciated.

If repaired correctly, welded, it can be stronger than original. There is room for a good bead, both sides on the reverse lever. Mine has been repaired that way and has been in the cars for years. Yes, I do full power shifts at 6,500 rpm.

If repaired correctly, welded, it can be stronger than original. There is room for a good bead, both sides on the reverse lever. Mine has been repaired that way and has been in the cars for years. Yes, I do full power shifts at 6,500 rpm.
Thanks, good to know. The welds are up some on both sides. I will grind them down to level and see what happens. I bought the shifter off Craig's list a while back with a fiberglass hump and shifter bezel. Getting all the parts for a 273 / 4 speed swap into a '65 270 2 dr.

011.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, good to know. The welds are up some on both sides. I will grind the down to level and see what happens. I bought the shifter off Craig's list a while back with a fiberglass hump and shifter bezel. Getting all the parts for a 273 / 4 speed swap into a '65 270 2 dr.

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back