Early A body rear end narrow questions

-

birdrockbomb

Reaction score
Gents,
Did a pretty good search of the archives but couldn't find my answer(s). I'm about to narrow a c-body 8 & 3/4 for my '64 barracuda. The car has not been minitubbed and I don't plan on it but do want to maximize the tire width. Few questions:

1. Do I gain any room by using the offset shackles and front hanger brackets? pn 4120077 & 4120075. Seems to me like the inner wheelhousing still gets in the way on the early a-bodies. Seems like some debate in the different forums on this.

2. If I go with the offset shackles and brackets, what is the new perch to perch width? Stock is 43". As far as I can tell the perches would need to be moved in .8" per side.

3. Width to cut the rear to will be a separate post.....

Mark
'64 Barracuda

Mark I have a rear end that is already narrowed with 30 spline axles and a 4:30 gear. If you are interested call me at 248-200-8818 The price is reasonable

Ray

I used the offset shackles and hangers on my 66 Dart. I had the rear narrowed by a local shop and he had me fit the rims/tires in the stock wheel well and I measured and marked where the tire/wheel was centered and he narrowed it and supplied custom axles. Biggest tire I can fit is a m/t 255-60R15 drag radial. Stock wheelwell is a limitation for sure. But it hooks okay. best 60' is 1.88.

-
Back