Early A body Repro Parts

-
Reaction score
Who do you use for your repro parts on early A's? I have a 66 Valiant and I am looking for floorpans and other misc. parts and I am making a list of vendors that I can check.

Anyone vendors or sites would be appreciated. I am aware of Year One (I used to work there) and Laysons (too many backorders)

Thanks
Frank

Try www.kramerauto.com I bought a driverside floor pan for my 66 Valiant and it fit like a glove! They have a lot of early a-body stuff! Prices are not bad either.

Layson's has them. Part number 66V-FE $39 each

Don

DonC1965 said:
Layson's has them. Part number 66V-FE $39 each

Don
Thanks Don.

I actually checked Layson's page. Not sure how I missed that....

Daryll

Thanks for all the leads. I stored them.

I dont want to trash anyones business but I will say watch out for Laysons. They are notorious for backorders, delayed parts, etc.

I called them and they couldnt tell me what they had in stock. They told me they could take the order and the parts that were not in stock would be put on backorder.

I thing I have found the floorpans I needed at kramerauto.com
(Thanks for that lead)

franktiregod said:
I dont want to trash anyones business but I will say watch out for Laysons. They are notorious for backorders, delayed parts, etc.

I called them and they couldnt tell me what they had in stock. They told me they could take the order and the parts that were not in stock would be put on backorder.

(Thanks for that lead)

From my own personal experience with Layson's they will immediately charge your credit card whether the item is in stock or backordered. I would not buy anything from them unless at a swap meet where I could actually hold the part in question and then might have to really think about it since most of their stuff is over priced anyway.

Speaking of swapmeets, I beleive that Mopars at Carlilse(check spelling) is next month. You could probably get some good deals there. Mike

LAYSONS.......a year later and i still dont have my 64 dart taillights,turn signal housings,rear transitional moldings........
Heres what i think is really happening. I think the the donkey that was transporting my tail lights from the hills of some south pacific island threw a shoe. The master of the donkey realized only Laysons made a replacement shoe and so he called Dave and ordered one. Now the master of the donkey is waiting around for the rare donkey size shoe to arrive to his islands Post Office Box. Three months later, still no shoe, so he calls Laysons. Laysons tells him that the shoe is on back order, so my tail lights are still on the island with the donkey and his master. Heres the catch, the donkey shoe that the tail light shipper is waiting for........is made in a town on the other side of the island my tail lights were made on.
Now the guy in the other town making the donkey shoe is Japanese and is a master black smith, so he takes his time and each shoe takes three months to produce. When hes done, he will ship them to the USA to laysons, then Dave will ship them back to the island so that the donkeys master can have new shoes, thus the tail light shipper can finally get his shipment down the hill to the islands international shipping area. What the donkeys master doesnt know, is the transport ship waiting in the harbour is broke down, and oddly enough Dave Laysons makes the replacement part.
Do donkeys even have shoes?

franktiregod said:
Thanks for all the leads. I stored them.

I thing I have found the floorpans I needed at kramerauto.com
(Thanks for that lead)

I AGREE! WATCH OUT.

I ordered a few items from Laysons and have actually receieved everything but the Valiant signet fender emblems. They're back ordered.

Has anyone ever actually got these or is this yet another one of those "wish list" items that Laysons lists in their catalog yet they've got no source for yout?

Ive been getting some of my stuff from Laysons, but its been a year sense ive recieved anything esle. Anyone try Year One for tail lights? i saw early dart tail light lenses in there catalog, but i wasnt sure if they came with the chrome trim rings.
I just bought two 64 dart (manual adjust) sideview mirrors off ebay. Im looking at inside, door and window cranks and handles next. I cant wait tell im done with laysons, but i fear it could be years before that time. Its cool they make stuff for our cars, but it almost make you want to just have your chrome stuff sent off and redone somewhere else. the only thing saving me from doing that is laysons stuff isnt made out of pot metal like the old stuff so it should hold up throughout the years.

I've seen repro cranks and door handles on Ebay....

I've actually received these but it was about 5 years ago. They were a little lighter in weight, but still very nice.

Don

DCP00599.jpg
[/IMG]

Did you get those from Laysons?

I just got my sideview mirrors today. vary fast shipment. Very nice mirrors. Off ebay, $150 each.

Yes, they came from Layson's. I found my receipt. They were $75.50 for the pair including shipping back in August 1999.

Don

67GTS said:
I've seen repro cranks and door handles on Ebay....

I got some of those for my valiant. they look nice. no complaints.

DonC1965 said:
I've actually received these but it was about 5 years ago. They were a little lighter in weight, but still very nice.

Don

DCP00599.jpg
[/IMG]

Sweet another 66 Signet member. Welcome. :headbang:
I need one emblem for the drivers side myself. I would love to avoid Layson's but I may have no choice. I bought the wheel opening trim for the 66 Valiant. Not the same as the originals. Works better for a 66 Barracuda I bet. I'm not even going to try and get my money back....huge headache there. I'm sure you could have another thread about shitty Layson's. I think many of us have stories to tell. :cussing:

www.autobodyspecialt.com

They have good front pans the rears are still coming soon. Laysons Ill only deal with on a cash & carry basis.

Anyone know a company producing 66 Dart rocker panels, I did some exploratory surgery yesterday that I wish I didn't the 1/4 inch of bondo was a surprise :angry7:

I got a few 66 cuda parts nos fender and a nos inner fender open for offers $$$$$ and i'm not a charity if you think I'm giving them away cheap !!!

-
Back