-
Status
Not open for further replies.

6cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey all, been a member since I got my car, but I’m just now doing a 318 magnum swap on my 66 Barracuda.

Need a v8 center link now. Have a lead on the driver side manifold, but if anyone has one as well that could be helpful!

Located in Columbus, OH. Thanks in advance!

I had read that, unfortunately mine doesn’t appear to be the dropped center link. Only about an inch of drop

82EB915C-67F5-42F5-AC46-C2802A319727.jpeg

I wouldn't sweat it until you get everything together. Try to drop it in, it may fit. Lots of people (including me) have done it without the drop center link. It's totally dependent on the car, mounts and oil pan. The 65 Valiant I put a 360 in didn't need one. It was close, but it never hit. Also, don't let someone bend you over on one, either. Firm Feel sells new ones.

I had read that, unfortunately mine doesn’t appear to be the dropped center link. Only about an inch of drop

View attachment 1716025832

Here's a good side by side comparison (photo below). Yours is definitely the slant six version. From my understanding, some '66's came with the drop links, but not all. My slant 6 '66 Dart came with the non-drop centerlink, but some slant cars had them.

Like RRR said though, you may not even need the drop version. Just depends on where the small block ends up sitting. You may be lucky - many others have been.

1671902771896.png

I wouldn't sweat it until you get everything together. Try to drop it in, it may fit. Lots of people (including me) have done it without the drop center link. It's totally dependent on the car, mounts and oil pan. The 65 Valiant I put a 360 in didn't need one. It was close, but it never hit. Also, don't let someone bend you over on one, either. Firm Feel sells new ones.
Thanks for the advice! Just got done rebuilding a 727 so everything should be in the car on Monday. Hopefully it fits.

Here's a good side by side comparison (photo below). Yours is definitely the slant six version. From my understanding, some '66's came with the drop links, but not all. My slant 6 '66 Dart came with the non-drop centerlink, but some slant cars had them.

Like RRR said though, you may not even need the drop version. Just depends on where the small block ends up sitting. You may be lucky - many others have been.

View attachment 1716025835
Looks like I do have a \6 one based on that comparison. Appreciate the picture and hopefully it fits!

Thanks for the advice! Just got done rebuilding a 727 so everything should be in the car on Monday. Hopefully it fits.
You MIGHT have to flatten the pinch weld down in the transmission tunnel so that transmission will fit. Again, some people have to do it and some don't.

The slant 6 centerlink will work until it doesn’t. Everything was all good in a 65 Valiant that I had until a scary lane change. I accelerated while changing lanes then lifted off the gas and the oil pan sat on the centerlink with me heading for the guard rail.

The slant 6 centerlink will work until it doesn’t. Everything was all good in a 65 Valiant that I had until a scary lane change. I accelerated while changing lanes then lifted off the gas and the oil pan sat on the centerlink with me heading for the guard rail.
Certainly not something I want to experience, hope everything was alright. I’ll definitely make sure I have plenty of clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back