Early A Buckets

-

Dragnut

Reaction score
OK...I have grown tired of the search for original bucket seats for my 66 Dart, can anyone recommend some aftermarket seats that will fit ?

Go to a Jeep 4 x 4 site and look up Smittybilt CJ 5 or 7 repop seats. I have used 3 pair and for the price, I love them. YOU have to fab the seat brackets. It is clsoe to old Bostrum seat. They come in black, you an dye them with SEMS. Sorry but the sun was shining brite when I took those pics a while back.

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

I live in Denver, Colorado. Shipping seats would be very expensive, I checked at UPS, probably five or more years ago and shipping was around $650. Not reasonable.

I have a pair of '66 Dart GT bucket seats with original tracks. Virtually new foam padding and pearl white Legendary covers. How the heck they could be shipped to Pennsylvania for a reasonable cost, I don't know. I'd have to get someone to pack and ship them.

I thought I should at least tell you about the seats. They're very nice.

If you have an idea for shipping, I'll listen.

Sorry to dangle this in front of you, but who knows.

Jerry in Denver
Don't dangle. Offering parts for sale in non sale threads is taboo here.

Those Smittybilt seats look great for the price! Do they weigh any less than our factory seats?
I always thought the early Mustang seats looked very similar to our early A buckets. That might be another option. And the Procar low back buckets are nice also.

I had a set of those Smittybilt bucket seats in my 63 330. Can't be beat for the price & pretty light too.

Those Smittybilt seats look great for the price! Do they weigh any less than our factory seats?
I always thought the early Mustang seats looked very similar to our early A buckets. That might be another option. And the Procar low back buckets are nice also.
Yes light. IMO any low back seat can work.

Don't dangle. Offering parts for sale in non sale threads is taboo here.
Sorry Mike. I wasn't trying to sidestep the rules. I just thought he should at least have the knowledge of my seats in case he had a transport method that works for him. I've seen your comments toothers about selling only in the For Sale forum and I was being my customary airhead self. I feel a bit silly.
Jerry

Did you use the stock mounting brackets on these or make your own?
NO I had to fab brackets to fit the particular floor. they do not come with a bracket anyway. Look up pic of 64 belvedere super stock cars. Those were fabbed out of alum. but I made mine out of 10 ga mild steel. Works for me but I am not anal retentive.

OK...I have grown tired of the search for original bucket seats for my 66 Dart, can anyone recommend some aftermarket seats that will fit ?
If you are looking to buy used seats you need to start a Parts Wanted thread.

-
Back