early A disc conversion

-

mprhoodlum

Inmate
Reaction score
I'm putting disc brakes on my 68 B'cuda. Most of my donor parts are the 10" rotors from a Duster. I'm putting on 14" wheels. I have a couple of questions .

1. If I have jack stands under the car and a floor jack under the lower control arm, do I have to loosen the torsion bars?

2. I plan on getting a reman master cyl. for a manual disc brakeDuster. Can I use my brake line distribution block and a adjustable proportioning valve? I assume the prop. valve goes on the disk line from the master cyl to the splitter block.

3. What type of hardware goes on the brackets to secure the calipers?

Obviously, I am not at all familiar with mopar disc brakes. Any help is appreciated, guys.
Thanks - Jim

Put the stands under the frame, where it's solid. No you don't need to loosen torsin bars. You need upper A arm from that disc brake car. Along with the spindle. Good idea to replace the upper ball joint since it's already out. I've heard of using the old dist block, might be better to grab it off the duster. Get all of the hardware while there also. Master cyl you are getting is correct. Price check between that and a new one. There are good and bad, but it should have a warranty.

There is a thread on doing all this, I'll try to find it and post it. I'm sure others will chime in. Good luck.

I guess I should clarify - I have bought the parts from here, ebay, etc. The upper control arms have new bushings and ball joints. the calipers are reman from ebay. The spindles are late A-unknown. The rotors and brackets are from who knows. Hopefully, they will all fit together! I'm getting new master cyl (reman), flex hoses, pads and bearings.
I'm getting adapters for the rear (10" drums) so that I will be LBP for now. The engine and entire interior are out. I'm not in a big hurry so I don't have to act quickly, but I do need the car to be movable. Thanks

-
Back