Early a sedan glass run channels

-

60jerry

Reaction score
'63 Dart wagon. I can't be the only person who has tried to find the flexible rubber glass run channels for Early A sedan doors. Does anyone know how to tackle this issue.

I'm considering slipping a thin shim of something semi-soft up along side of the existing channels to eliminate the rattle I get when hitting bumps in the road surface. Driving me nuts.

A site called DK Hardware has channels listed for '63-66 A bodies, but the ones I got are far too narrow and short. They don't reach the bottom of the metal channel and are so narrow that they won't stay in the channel.

Surely there's some solution. I've searched using numerous search terms and no luck. I found two sites that list a channel with dimensions similar to the measurments I got from the original channel in the rear door. I haven't ordered any since the picture isn't exactly like the ones in the door. Hoping the front doors use the same channels.

Thanks for considering this problem.

Jerry in Denver

Call Rick or Dave at Layson’s in WA.

they knew exactly what o was asking for and sold them at a good cost when I needed them for the 66’

Call Restorations Specialties in Winbar PA or use their on-line catalogue. They have all sorts of glass run channels.

Call Restorations Specialties in Winbar PA or use their on-line catalogue. They have all sorts of glass run channels.
Thank you gentlemen. I'm glad to find resourses I had not thought about. Off I go on a happy hunt.
Jerry

-
Back