Early A steering coupler

-

eestatic

Reaction score
Now that the days are getting longer, there is more sunshine in the evenings to look at the Mopar!

On my 65 Fish, I've "test" fit my 92 Dakota manifold (left side) with .250 taken off of mounting flange AND the left motor mount raised about 1/2" to 5/8". There is sufficient room above manual steering gearbox-to-manifold but looks like factory coupler is still going to hit manifold.

Question: Are the Flaming river coupler & the Borgeson the same Diameter & length?

Does anyone have diameter of these couplers?

The steering tube looks like it will clear the exhaust manifold but I'm leaning towards shortening it some when I do the "bearing" redo/install, at bottom of column.

The car is automatic w/console shift.

I've also noticed that raising engine puts AC compressor awful close to hood!! Going to try to video with my phone/camera nestled under hood to "see" how close hood actually is & perhaps some modeling clay..

What is special about the Schumacher mounts? Do they let the motor sit any higher/lower that factory motor mounts??

Thanks FABO
Dennis

Hate to be a pest, but off hand does any one know the effective diameter of the Flaming River steering coupler versus the Borgeson one? I thought I read the Borgeson was 1 1/2" ..

65 Barracuda manual steer

Thanks fabo

And do my old eyes deceive me, but is the spline a 5/8" w/36 count?

-
Back