early A various question?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
still kickin the idea of puting 383 in the 63 dart. questions:
how much would tunnel need to be changed to put the long tailshaft 4 speed in?
will there be room for Z bar and exhaust to go stock location with big block exhaust manifolds?
can SB tranny be adapted to use on big block bell? any interchangability between 63-6 A body 4 speed pedal assm amd 63-6 B body??
do the early big block trunion trannys show up at the big swaps? and cheap like used to be years ago???
yes i know, put the slant in the 63 Dart and get early B body for the BB and 4 speed!! LOL

still kickin the idea of puting 383 in the 63 dart. questions:
how much would tunnel need to be changed to put the long tailshaft 4 speed in?

None.

will there be room for Z bar and exhaust to go stock location with big block exhaust manifolds?

The Z bar may need to be modified. It's only a tube with two arms stickin off. Not rocket science. lol

can SB tranny be adapted to use on big block bell?

Automatic? Yes, with an adapter plate. Manual? Just swap bellhousings.

any interchangability between 63-6 A body 4 speed pedal assm amd 63-6 B body??

Yeah, the B body trans will bolt in. The shifter location is in the wrong location.

do the early big block trunion trannys show up at the big swaps? and cheap like used to be years ago???

Transmissions are the same big to small block except for the 18 spline VS 23 spline input shaft. The ball and trunion transmissions are actually arguably stronger then the slip yoke transmissions. I would look for an early ball and trunion A body 4 speed. You already have a ball and trunion drive shaft. All you'd have to do is make it the right length. People will argue the ball and trunion setup is weak. Can you say Max Wedge?

yes i know, put the slant in the 63 Dart and get early B body for the BB and 4 speed!! LOL

thanks for the input. still wondering if i can pull 4 speed pedal assembly from 65 coronet i have access to,,, and bolt in the 63 dart??? have access to this.??

I think they will interchange, but the sizing and spacing is not right. I got a set of early A pedals I'll trade for them 65 B body ones.

I know when you put later a body pedal's in an early A they end up real close to the steering column, but they do work. Put them in a Canadian 66 Valiant, with a later a body 4 speed and bell housing. I had to flatten the seam from fire wall to floor pan for clearance.

-
Back