Early A Windshield Interchange and Availability

-

fzmax

Reaction score
I find myself in need of a windshield for my 63, 2-door post. Does anyone know if they are available new and if not what other early A-bodies and body types (I have one for a convertible) will fit? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Kustom_Windshield.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 224
They are available. Call your local glass suppliers and ask them. 63-66 dart/valiant/barracuda are all the same.

Ouch? Baseball hit it or what?

I have no idea. I was on the Long Island Expressway in Queens, NY, near 108 street and bam!, broken windshield. There were no trucks around, not a lot of traffic, but I was going under an overpass. There's no other damage and no one was hurt, so I'll consider myself lucky.

They are available. Call your local glass suppliers and ask them. 63-66 dart/valiant/barracuda are all the same.

Thanks, just what I needed to know!

Neat, thanks!

Just the gasket is different--not the glass--between convertible and hardtop, right???

I have no idea. I was on the Long Island Expressway in Queens, NY, near 108 street and bam!, broken windshield. There were no trucks around, not a lot of traffic, but I was going under an overpass. There's no other damage and no one was hurt, so I'll consider myself lucky.

You sure were lucky. God was your co-pilot that day.

You sure were lucky. God was your co-pilot that day.

Lucky is an understatement. I'm pretty sure someone must have tossed something from the overpass. If that was the case I would have hated to caught them. I likely would have lost it over something that took me an hour and a half to fix:

Attachments

• Betterer.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 155
Hey, does anyone have one of those little clips that hide the gap where the lock strip comes together?

-
Back