early a with a v-8

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Is it just me or are there more of you that feel the early A spindles and small ball joints are just not up to par for a v-8 swap? Don't get me wrong, I know it will work. I have been driving my dart with a wilwood disc kit attached to my original spindles and it seems to be holding up to the 360 and 904. I replaced all the steering components when I dropped in the v-8 minus the torsion bars(slant/6).
Will going to stiffer torsion bars and good shocks be enough for decent handling or should I look for the larger upper and lower a-arms with the larger ball joints. Any suggestions would be a bunch of help!!

I have the bigger ball joints and newer spindles. This doesn't change the handling, only longevity/strength. Better torsion bars, shocks, and the biggest help will be a sway bar. This will keep some of the wallowing/swaying down, and make it feel better and not so squishy.

thanks 64dartwagon, I guess I will need to get a sway bar from firm feel. That's the only place I've seen them for cars that did not come with one.

Also check on eslave there is a guy who usually has them on there I think they are an addco or similar. Around 70ish plus shipping and sometimes he has deals on front and back bars.

-
Back