-
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick455440

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Picked up a 66 formula S Kframe and disk brake set up for a /6 to v8 swap but missing the sway bar bushings, looks like a rubber square with a hole in the middle, thanks

Call PST, they have them. They will want the diameter of your sway bar to get you the right ones.

I could not find any matching the originals so I used aftermarket 13/16 inch bushings. Open the bottom of the factory bracket by cutting off the factory welds. Cut off the mounting tabs of the aftermarket bracket and spot weld it inside the factory bracket without the tabs (which you can discard). This will accommodate the wider aftermarket rubber. Then re-close the opening by welding a small tab of steel. Fortunately, the spot welds did not damage the new bushing in the least. (But keep a bottle of water handy to cool things down during the work). You will also have to hammer the factory bracket some to conform to the aftermarket shape before welding anything.

modified factory stabalizer bar bracket fot one.jpg

modified factory stabilizer bar bracket foto two.jpg

Dartsun doesnt understand. i have what you need but it will take some work on my side.
red

Thanks for the walkthrough dibnons, May need to go that route,

Thanks Red please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back