Early Dart iin TV show

-

grimreaper

Cross Member
Reaction score
The wife tells me she was watching a new TV show last night called Royal Pain and in the midst of a bunch of cars was a white 1964 Dart convertible. Did anyone watch that and catch the glimpse of the Dart? Another Mopar movie star..........?

I saw it! It was only there for a second, I had to rewind the dvr to make sure it was a '64. Pretty cool to see another mopar on USA right after Burn Notice with the Charger. I think the Dart was blue IIRC

Royal Pains wasn't that bad either, the girlfriend talked me into watching it, I normally hate medical shows but it stayed light and funny.

Remember how Ms Hathaway on the Beverly Hillbillies almost always has a new A-Body convertible? Generally a red on red Valiant.

Ther is another Dart I had missed in a movie before. 1 of the Death Wish with Charles Bronson, I think 2 or 3? He moves into neighborhood in city to visit a milatary buddie and finds he was killed by a local gang who have war paint on.
Anyway toward the end of the movie when the big riot scene starts, the gang fire bombs a 65 or 66 4 door Dart! Here lately I'm really starting to look through them for vintage cars. Were getting a list together!

I'm showing my age here but I remember a TV show called "Mannix" (sp?),in the late 60's, about a private eye who drove a dark colored "68 or '69 Dart convertible. The show was in black and white so the real color wasn't known, but that show made me want to have a Dart! Bought a new one in '72.

Remember how Ms Hathaway on the Beverly Hillbillies almost always has a new A-Body convertible? Generally a red on red Valiant.

I never saw Miss Hathaway drive an a-body, I remember a lot of B and C body convertibles, a blue Coronet for one. There was at least one a-body convertible on the show, but she didn't drive it.

bh28.jpg

I'm showing my age here but I remember a TV show called "Mannix" (sp?),in the late 60's, about a private eye who drove a dark colored "68 or '69 Dart convertible. The show was in black and white so the real color wasn't known, but that show made me want to have a Dart! Bought a new one in '72.

Mannix had a few Dart Convertibles and an e-body Barracuda, all green. A few years back one of the mopar mags had a big article about one of the Darts, IIRC two had been found but only one restored at that time.

68.jpg

In the later episodes of The Beverly Hillbilly's, I have seen a red '70 or '71 Challenger convertible show up either Mr. Drysdale or Ms.Hathaway drove.

In the later episodes of The Beverly Hillbilly's, I have seen a red '70 or '71 Challenger convertible show up either Mr. Drysdale or Ms.Hathaway drove.

I remember that one too, the Challenger, Coronet and a '64-'65 Fury Convertible stick out really well in my memory. I'm sure she drove other things, not sure if Chysler lent them new cars every model year though.

-
Back