early train set

-

moparclown

Reaction score
Found this at a tag sale this past weekend:cheers:
Instructions are dated 1952,worth anything?

Attachments

• 101_9041.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 101_9035.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 154
Well it appears to be an S-Gauge set from American Flyer. I'm tempted to say not really worth anything, maybe around $100 but I'm not sure. I've never dealt with S-gauge, let alone American Flyer.

If it was HO or O-gauge I could tell you anything you need to know.

Check out this forum, plenty of great people. I'm already enjoying my membership over there. It's the FABO of model trains.

http://www.modeltrainforum.com/

What are your plans for it? Are you gonna play with it? Sell it?

If you play with it, don't set it up on carpet. Carpetituslintusmajoris is your model train's worst enemy. :D

Ive got a bunch of old trains. They arent worth what they use to be worth.

yup! American flyers are good collectible trains. Doug, Theres a gentleman in Norfolk that is a collector of these, and knows everything about them, and there values. If you stop at the train store in town, and see Rolph ( not a typo, he's German), I'm sure he can put you in touch with him. ( I think his Name is Alan Redman)

Its the 3/16" scale
Not sure what I'll do with it right now but I did open up the engine to make sure everything was in working order and all moves free and looks good.
It was an older man who had the tag sale and he told me all about it as it was his set when he was younger.
I know I won't retire on the sale but I will probably sell it.

Unless you want another money pit and expensive hobby, don't play with the train, sell it. You'll get hooked.

My car and my trains get taken better care of then I do! :D

-
Back